Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CBS gets raise. Bumps him to $6.5MM / year

Drinkwitz is getting $6M next year for going 17-19, while Shane has gone 15-11 in the same time frame.

We had to do better than that.

6.5 is a good start let's see what happens in year 3. Muschamp was in the same spot when he got that blowout contact and we all know what happen. Really who is really going after Coach Beamer right now to have him get the kitchen sink and all? We are ok for now this has doubled his salary.

The South Carolina board of trustees approved Teasley’s contract on Friday, which will pay him $410,000 annually over the course of the two-year deal. Adkins was previously among the higher-paid coaches on the Gamecocks’ staff, with an annual salary of $550,000 and a handful of built-in incentives.

Teasley just wrapped up his second season in Columbia following spells at Delaware State, Temple, Tennessee Tech, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, and North Carolina Central. He also spent two years working for the Baltimore Ravens. Special teams coordinator Pete Lembo previously received a raise this season. Lembo’s new deal approved by the board of trustees in December included a one-year extension and a $260,000 bump in annual salary to $725,000. Lembo’s past deal, which was approved in February, paid him $465,000 annually through December 2024 a $15,000 pay raise from the initial contract he signed when hired leading into the 2021 season.

SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTBALL COACHES' SALARIES
Clayton White (DC) — $1.2 million
Dowell Loggains (OC) — $1 million
Pete Lembo (ST) — $725,000
Torrian Gray (DBs) — $675,000
Justin Stepp (WRs) — $525,000
Jimmy Lindsey (DL) — $475,000
Sterling Lucas (DEs/OLBs) — $475,000 Montario
Hardesty (RBs) — $400,000
Jody Wright (TEs) — $400,000

Crazy to give him that type of increase. I like him and all but he’s exactly where muschamp was and is facing some serious challenges next year.

We can debate the current market value of football coaches, but at $6.5 million/year, CSB's contract puts him in 8th place in the SEC. I think that seems about right.

Crazy to give him that type of increase. I like him and all but he’s exactly where muschamp was and is facing some serious challenges next year.
That was my first thought as well. Get him to $4M next year, then another increase to the final amount the next year if things go well.

It's easy to have flashbacks to the Muschamp debacle, but a large part of me believes Shane is going to finally accomplish what Tanner thought would happen under Muschamp. I think he sees a work ethic and attention to detail with Shane that wasn't there with Muschamp and his staff.

Tanner's record says he was a really good baseball coach and I think he sees a lot of himself in Shane from a coaching standpoint.