Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CFP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
Well, it looks like Bama, Clemson and Ohio State are in. While I feel sure the committee will probably pick Notre Dame as #4, I think Texas A&M should get that slot. There are still games to finish but it's all about the money these days. This is another reason an eight team CFP would be better.  Your thoughts? 

ND is getting destroyed. Put aTm in ... plus nobody wants to potentially see those two teams play for the third time anyway.

ND doesn't deserve to go anywhere. Clemson would have blown them out twice were it not for missing starters the first time. 

If Fl beats Ala, then the SEC champs don’t make it in?  That would get interesting.

No way 3 SEC teams make it.

I believe if they played each other yesterday Florida would have beat ND.  Mullen’s team is getting better and better as the year has gone on.   We can only hope he gets caught cheating at some point, they will be tough to beat as long as he is there.  

I believe if they played each other yesterday Florida would have beat ND.  Mullen’s team is getting better and better as the year has gone on.   We can only hope he gets caught cheating at some point, they will be tough to beat as long as he is there.  
Fla is getting better, Carolina just have to get our program in position to compete with them. 

A&M had a good win against UF. The only other team they beat with a winning record was Auburn. CFP committee is not putting them in. ND will be 4 so they don't play the taters again.

On neutral fields ND would be undergdogs against Bama, Clemson, A&M, UF and OSU - that tells you who the best four teams are.  UF has 3 losses, so out.  That leaves Bama, CU, OSU and A&M and quite honestly, not sold on OSU either but the name carries weight, which is crap, but no way they and the $$$$'s to be made are left out.  

OSU didn't look good yesterday.  Northwestern's QB and weak play-calling cost NW the victory yesterday.

Bama or Clemson would easily make short work of OSU.

I was looking at the one through six board ESPN had and thought to myself all of the other five teams listed (plus Florida) would beat Notre Dame.  This thing really needs to go to eight teams. The five P5 conference champions  would qualify automatically  and the "committee"  could pick three at-large or wild card teams.  The committee could then seed the teams one through eight. It would add one week to the playoffs but would be much more interesting IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cure Bowl
Liberty vs. Coastal Carolina
Camping World Stadium (Orlando, Florida)
Noon on ESPN and the ESPN App

SERVPRO First Responder Bowl
Louisiana vs. UTSA
Gerald J. Ford Stadium (Dallas)
3:30 p.m. on ABC and the ESPN App

I would rather have seen a bowl game with Coastal vs. Louisiana.

LendingTree BowlWestern Kentucky vs. Georgia StateLadd-Peebles Stadium (Mobile, Alabama)3:30 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App

[SIZE= 16px]Shawn Elliott going bowling on the 26th as well.[/SIZE]

The system is just wrong the small schools will never have an chance like Cincinnati , Mack Brown  said it best let them have their National Championship at the small power 5  conference's .   They should be at 8 teams next year if not, or say you have to win an conference championship  to get in and have 8 .

The system is just wrong the small schools will never have an chance like Cincinnati , Mack Brown  said it best let them have their National Championship at the small power 5  conference's .   They should be at 8 teams next year if not, or say you have to win an conference championship  to get in and have 8 .
I agree 8 teams and you have to win your conference. If you cant win your conference, you should not be in the playoff. 

Power 5 get conference winner get's in automatically, then 3 of the lower conference winners (Or maybe 2 plus a wild card team). But then you reintroduce the controversy of who should get in. 

Status
Not open for further replies.