Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cicadas

TKE226

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Any of you all getting these?

They are everywhere here, our trees are covered in them and the base of the trees are just littered with the shells. Let me try and post a video. Well here is a photo from a video I took

198D5194-5458-4462-8E39-0844E8EE4E29.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
WIS had a feature on a company that sells chocolate-covered cicadas online on their morning show today.

Glad I had just finished my breakfast because I would have hurled.

None up my way.

At least here in NC, these aren't out. I think we are in a different brood. We had them about 7-8 years ago here. 

Glad to see so many where you live. I still see quite a number where I live, but nowhere as many as I used to when I was a kid. We used to have them as bad as your picture, but now there's a odd number from year to year. Like the honey bee, they are becoming a thing of the past. Hopefully the dragon flies stay strong - they love to eat mosquitoes....

It’s amazing how they have lasted this long evolutionarily. They might be one of the dumbest creatures. No wonder millions need to come out because barely any survive long enough to mate. 

oh and the dogs love them which is not good for the dogs. 

Was quiet yesterday because of the rain, but noise picked right back up today with the sun out all day. It’s is kinda funny to watch dogs jump and try to catch the flying ones. 

I honestly have not seen those things in my part of the state (Hampton County) since I was a kid. I expected to see the shells like I remember seeing back then, but there's really been nothing.

The first time I ever saw these loud bugs was when were moved to Texas in 1968. They woke you up first thing in the morning, but thankfully, they were quiet at night. We got them more than a single year during the four years my dad was stationed there.

Still loud as hell here. Now they are flying around and running into everything

Still loud as hell here. Now they are flying around and running into everything
I played a golf tournament in DC two weeks ago and those things were everywhere and annoying as hell lol!  They covered the trees and would splat your windshields and jump on your shirt lol...good luck man!  I heard them here for the first time yesterday

The first time I ever saw these loud bugs was when were moved to Texas in 1968. They woke you up first thing in the morning, but thankfully, they were quiet at night. We got them more than a single year during the four years my dad was stationed there.
I spent from age 5 to 10 in East Texas and they were around every year. I, of course, collected the crunchy to torment my sister and her friends.