Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clark transferring in from Citadel

After his experience with Hayden Brown, Lamont knows he's going to get leadership skills from any guy who's done 4 years at The Citadel. I wouldn't be surprised if taking at least one Citadel grad transfer a year becomes the norm for Lamont going forward.

Great pick-up for Lamont.

Stephen-Clark_B3e7P.png

HONORS AND AWARDS
Dean's List (Spring 2020)
Southern Conference Honor Roll (2019-20)
ENTERING 2022-23: Leading returning scorer and rebounder with 9.7 ppg. and 6.1 rpg… fourth all-time with 137 career blocks, 78 away from the top mark of 215 set by Kirill Misyuchenko (1995-98)… 517 career points with 344 career rebounds and 189 career assists… 55.3 career field goal percentage (218-of-394)… 77 career games with 56 starts… five career double-doubles.

JUNIOR (2021-22): Was the only Bulldog to start all 31 games, averaging 31.6 minutes per contest with three double-doubles… finished with a career-high 75 blocks (2.4 per game) to lead the SoCon that ranks second all-time and eight from the top record of 83 by Kirill Misyuchenko (1996-97).
SOPHOMORE (2020-21): Appeared in 25 games, making 18 starts… second on team averaging 4.6 rebounds per game, fifth with 5.9 points per game and 23.4 minutes per game… led the team with 46 blocked shots (1.8 per game), tied for seventh all-time, with 12 multi-block games… led the team with a 62.0 field goal percentage (62-of-100).
FRESHMAN (2019-20): Appeared in 21 games, making seven starts as a true freshman … Finished the season tied for 12th in program history for blocks by a freshman with 16.

Another established starter with great stats like Ta'Lon Cooper.

Lamont has also seen firsthand how Clark and other SOCON players have played while he was at UTC.

My thought is that if Lamont can get a commitment from a sought-after player like GG, he should have no problem getting established starters out of the portal.

We'll see...

My thought is that if Lamont can get a commitment from a sought-after player like GG, he should have no problem getting established starters out of the portal.

We'll see...
I don't believe Lamont's skills as a recruiter had much to do with GG's brief stopover at SC.

He is light at 205, does not shoot a very good % from the field, 3, or FT line but is a good rebounder and shot blocker that came into his own this last year.