Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clemson, Fla St., Oregon, and Washington to Big 10?

Travel distance for the FSU and Tater fan bases would be too far me thinks, but stuff like this is more about the money than the fans I guess.

I could see Oregon and Washington jumping there. Don't see Clemmons or FSU going there though. If anything, both of those schools want to be in the SEC. I think the Big 10 would go after Virginia and UNC first.

If Clemson and FSU have that opportunity, they need to jump on it! The SEC does not want or need them. Neither team brings anything to the league that it doesn't already have. The SEC will take any school it truly wants, that's how I know they don't want those two. Texas was the richest school, and had their own network. They didn't need to go to the SEC, but they did. With the way it looks like it may be going, if Clemson and FSU don't go to the Big 10, I think they will wind up as second or third tier programs, because the ACC will be irrelevant, and if they stay on that sinking ship, they will both sink with it.

The talk including Clemson is contingent upon the Taters being a national power if Dabo were to leave for whatever the reason.

They would be just another also-ran in the ACC if Dabo were to leave.

I think they stay in the ACC, the cost to leave is too large and they could remain the prominent team in their conference. The way it is now, they could have a real shot at being in the playoff more than if they had to compete in a real conference every year.

ACC just trying to save itself and its members have no other options. Crazy what this will do to everyone involved, aside from maybe SMU. From the article: "The closest school to the Bay Area is Louisville, which sits nearly 2,000 miles away. The majority of road trips will involve six-hour flights and 20-mile drives to major airports". So what happens to baseball, volleyball, other non revenue generating sports? Football will still be a joke and this doesn't help basketball. All about the media $ I guess while the product and the athletes struggle.

So what happens to baseball, volleyball, other non revenue generating sports? Football will still be a joke and this doesn't help basketball. All about the media $ I guess while the product and the athletes struggle.
Exactly - All those teams will be traveling cross country several times a season, I don't see this as sustainable. Imagine being on the Stanford Soccer team (for example) and having to take a 4 hour plane trip and back a few teims / month, just to play your games.