Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clowney Saturday

BigSpur

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I have not seen where anyone mentioned it yet, but today was unique. I saw them have Clowney line up as a DT on several plays today. That was a main reason he helped shut down the ECU run. He was not getting the tackles, but he was disrupting the O-line. They only show him with 2 tackles in the game stats today but I am pretty sure he had more than that.

I just think it is awesome to see them moving him around. That will keep Def. Coordinators pulling their hair out trying to defend against him

He did his job and created havoc that may not show up in the stats. He caused one or two picks

Clowney suffered a bruised rib in the win over the Pirates Spurrier said. Right now, he is expected to play when USC faces UAB.

“Hopefully, a couple of days off, some ice and treatment, he’ll be OK by the weekend,” Spurrier said.

The remainder of the first half was dominated by the USC defense, which intercepted a pair of Rio Johnson passes and forced a fumble on three straight ECU possessions within a span of 8:42.

The defense created its first turnover of the game when Brison Williams stepped in front of an ECU receiver at the USC 7-yard line and grabbed the ball for his first career interception, stopping a promising Pirates drive just when it seemed ECU was about the get on the scoreboard.

Pressured by Jadeveon Clowney, Johnson (18-for-29, 193 yards) threw an interception right into the arms of safety D.J. Swearinger with 1:12 left in the second quarter.

The defense continued to set the tone in the third quarter by forcing turnovers on ECU’s first two possessions.

Shaq Wilson’s second interception of the season on the second snap of the third quarter soon led to Thompson’s 29-yard touchdown pass to D.L. Moore to make it 28-0.

Four snaps later, cornerback Jimmy Legree continued his solid early-season play by picking off a pass and racing 34 yards down the left sideline for USC’s fifth touchdown of the afternoon, increasing USC’s advantage to 35-0.