Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach Beamer updates Lloyd & BJ Gibson's injury status on weekly Carolina calls

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Coach Beamer updates Lloyds & BJ Gibson's injury status on weekly Carolina calls
Nov. 10, 2022

South Carolina starting running back MarShawn Lloyd’s status for Saturday’s contest at Florida is still TBD. Head coach Shane Beamer, on his Thursday night on his weekly radio show, said he is still hopeful Lloyd can play this week. “He did practice yesterday (Wednesday) and we’ll see how things go,” Beamer said.

Lloyd missed the second half of South Carolina’s loss to Missouri two weeks ago with a thigh contusion. He didn’t practice last week, per Beamer, but was back working out ahead of the trip to Gainesville on Saturday. The former top-65 recruit currently ranks third in the Southeastern Conference in rushing touchdowns (9), while he currently sits eighth in yards rushing per game (69.5)

Beamer also said that reserve defensive back BJ Gibson won’t play this weekend due to a hamstring injury he suffered in Nashville last week.

Man we could really use Loyd. This seems to be a bit more then just a bruise as they first let in after the Mizzou game.

If he does play just cannot see Lloyd full game mold. He has miss a lot of practice last two weeks.

I don't think Lloyd plays. From what I've seen from Beamer when someone is questionable they are normally not playing.

What happened to all of the great running backs we had in the spring? I thought we had so many that we didn't know how they'd all find time to play.

Realistically, we're gonna need Marshawn at his best for the Vols and Clemson.

Last edited:
ive been repeating myself a lot but regardless of whether he plays or not, a variation of the mayo bowl offense with some qb snaps for joyner and bell getting touches as a runner and receiver gives us the best chance of success. those elements certainly didnt hurt spencer rattler last week. on topic i think lloyd will make the trip but wont start. i do agree that if hes not 100% maybe its best to hold him out another week instead of risking him being hampered the rest of the season.

Marshawn has rushed for 599 yards on 100 attempts this season and was trending toward a 1000-yard season when he got hurt.

He may not start, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets enough PT to pad his yardage numbers.