Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Search...How Are We Feeling?

It's amazing that some people actually believe Freeze called those hookers for him and not recruits.  

Napier and Chadwell are my top 2. Beamer third. Waiting to see if new names merge from the mist.

I vacillate day to day on who I think would be best. Napier has been my favorite for about a year, then I got excited about Hugh Freeze, but I’m over that and moved on. Chadwell is very intriguing to me. I’ve read up on him, learned about his wife, who is from Iran, looked at his records, and he seems like a really good coach, but I just can’t get excited about him. Beamer was a hard no for me when I first heard him mentioned, but I have changed my opinion.  So, in my mind, not that it matters in the big picture, I’m down to Napier and Beamer. Beamer has the highest up side to me, but Napier makes the most sense from the beginning. I just have this feeling that Napier doesn’t really care whether he is here or somewhere else, but I believe Beamer really wants to be here. I guess I’m glad I’m not the one deciding. 

That article is well written and sums up my feelings well.  I would elevate Beamer a bit, but still prefer Napier.  I think I now have Beamer and Chadwell tied for second.  If one of these three, I'd be good, but would definitely scrutinize Beamer's OC/DC hires a bit more given his lack of experience as coordinator or HC.  But I do think Beamer would be aggressive with those hires and recruiting.  

I think the coaching carousel is about to add a few more passengers....  I live in Houston and Tom Herman is on very thin ice AND the TA&M is #5.  That has the ever unrealistic and completely crazed, narcissistic Longhorn fan base lathered up.  That job is one of the worst - yeah lots of money and fertile recruiting grounds (less so with so many programs in the state and on the border), but the most intrusive booster community EVER.

Longhorn fans are like Vol fans ... both love all things orange and both live on memories of an excellence last seen 20 years ago. Texas a little less so, with the spike in prominence with their MNC in '05.