Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

College Football and the Betting Shop

GregoryHouse

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
We are getting ever closer to the start of the college and NFL football seasons so I will start posting more games for you to be able to wager.

Please continue to requests games - I will likely not create the bet for that requested game no earlier than seven days before the game starts in order to get the latest spread (based on injuries, results of recent competition, etc.).

The odds on the bets so far have been (1) on spread bets meaning if winning team also beats the spread, the bet pays out $1 for every $1 bet. 

The odds to (1.5) for bets on the underdogs to cover the spread in the future. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

​

The NFL Preseason games should payout more now.  I did some tests bets this Monday both to test the fractions functions and the payout and the 7/2 payout fraction ($7 for every $2 on a winning bet) seemed to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
To start the 2019 College Football season and the NFL season, I am giving $2000 cockycash to people who post in this thread through Thursday  29 August 2019. 

200.gif

Before you criticize a person, you really should try walking a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes!

I'm reversing myself and going whole hog on Notre Dame.

I am new to the betting shop....I am able to go to the game I want but confused at how to select which of the two teams I choose to cover...What am I missing?

The application that creates the bets here does not allow for users to bet on either team of a matchup. The Betting shop would have to create a bet for each team in order to give the bettors that option (doubling their workload). 

For that reason, we have chosen to stick with Spread Bets for this site based on bettor's request for a match. For example, if a bettor requests the Alabama at UofSC game. The House would then create the bet based on the spread (in that case it would look something like Alabama (-28) at UofSC.  If the requestor requests that the bet be UofSC vs Alabama, the created spread bet would look something like UofSC (+28) vs Alabama.

Because it is a spread bet, the payout amount I usually create for it is almost always a three to one payout (more like 7.2 OR 7 dollars won for every 2 dollars bet). 

Hope this helps!

I know it is extra work but for all Carolina games, please do it both ways. Most will bet our games in all sports anyhow and not only is it interesting to see who bets which way, it will allow everyone to be able to bet on our games the way they prefer. (Giving or receiving points).