Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comparing Muschamp's record after year four

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Comparing Muschamp's record after year four

In terms of just year four, Muschamp is 4-8 (3-5 SEC), which is the lowest win total of any of the last four coaches in their fourth year at South Carolina dating back to the Brad Scott era.

Scott finished year four at 5-6 with three SEC wins while Lou Holtz was 5-7 (3-5 SEC). Steve Spurrier had the best year four of any of these coaches, going 7-6 (4-4 SEC) with a trip to the Outback Bowl. (VIEW ARTICLE) Gamecockcentral FREE

I agree.  On offensive this team was terrible.  While our D was not great, they did not stand a chance being on the field all game.

What is the under/over in 2020 for Muschamp to keep his job?

Looks to me like we will play at least 4 top 10 teams.  LSU, Georgia, Clemson, Florida.  With two more potential top 25 teams:  A&M, Tennessee.  

Would 6-6 and a bowl win be enough to get Muschamp to 2021?  

What is the under/over in 2020 for Muschamp to keep his job?

Looks to me like we will play at least 4 top 10 teams.  LSU, Georgia, Clemson, Florida.  With two more potential top 25 teams:  A&M, Tennessee.  

He's got the same expectations as this season.

1. Win the games you are supposed to win or make up for the loses with wins in games you were supposed to lose.

2. Don't look completely outclassed in any games

3. Show concrete signs of progress.

Honestly the bar here is low and CWM limbo'd under it while insulting fans. He's made himself hard to defend. I suspect his moderate recruiting success is about to take a hit. 

I suspect his moderate recruiting success is about to take a hit. 
Probably, but hopefully not too bad.   The wild card could be a new OC and what recruits might come along with him.  Hopefully a WR or two.  Current class is ranked 19th.  

Probably, but hopefully not too bad.   The wild card could be a new OC and what recruits might come along with him.  Hopefully a WR or two.  Current class is ranked 19th.  
Unfortunately that relative rank will likely end up in the mid twenties unless you think he's going to land Burch.

It’s not just the ranking of recruiting classes but how they are coached and prepared. So far CWM and staff have not shown much there. Looking at schedule below, we have a chance to be 4-0 to start. Then after that Vandy and Wofford should be wins. But I don’t have confidence in us going 4-0 to start. So 5-7

South Carolina 2020 Football ScheduleSept. 5             COASTAL CAROLINASept. 12           EAST CAROLINASept. 19           MISSOURI*Sept. 26           at Kentucky*Oct. 3              at Florida*Oct. 10            TENNESSEE*Oct. 17            Open DateOct. 24            TEXAS A&M*Oct. 31            at Vanderbilt*Nov. 7              GEORGIA*Nov. 14            at LSU*Nov. 21            WOFFORDNov. 28            at Clemson

unfortunately the answer here is unequivocally yes. 6-6 means there's greater potential for the year after, anything less than 8 wins in 2021 and I would hope they'd pull the plug

Last edited by a moderator:
The bad thing is that 6-6 and a bowl win may be the ceiling for us next year. Big question is do we have some younger guys that can make the o-line, receivers and backs better next year. Unless the o-line is much better we could be in worse shape next year.