Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Connor Shaw

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
Nobody knows who our next coach will be. There are at least four or five front runners according to the media and these forums. However, whomever is selected I really hope the new hire will keep Connor Shaw on his staff. Even if he is only an analyst, I think he should be involved in the program. Shaw was the heart and soul of the most successful period in Gamecock football history. While he may not be ready yet, I believe Shaw will someday be a head coach somewhere, I also think he will be successful. Coach Spurrier once referred to him as "a coach on the field". While he didn't have all the skills of many of the top quarterbacks of his day he usually figured out how to win.  Though it is premature to draw a conclusion I see a lot of Shaw in Luke Doty. Obviously, the jury is still out on that but if Doty is "the guy" I cannot think of a better mentor for him than Connor Shaw. 

Nobody knows who our next coach will be. There are at least four or five front runners according to the media and these forums. However, whomever is selected I really hope the new hire will keep Connor Shaw on his staff. Even if he is only an analyst, I think he should be involved in the program. Shaw was the heart and soul of the most successful period in Gamecock football history. While he may not be ready yet, I believe Shaw will someday be a head coach somewhere, I also think he will be successful. Coach Spurrier once referred to him as "a coach on the field". While he didn't have all the skills of many of the top quarterbacks of his day he usually figured out how to win.  Though it is premature to draw a conclusion I see a lot of Shaw in Luke Doty. Obviously, the jury is still out on that but if Doty is "the guy" I cannot think of a better mentor for him than Connor Shaw. 
Amen

Connor is the guy we want as QB coach. There are likely more experienced and wiser QB coaches, but none of them know how to win at USC like Connor does. 

I'm glad to have him back. 

The program could go an long way if the players would adapt to Shaw's believe at South Carolina, he's an great person to have to mentor young men .

again AMEN.

Agreed. Whoever comes in would be foolish not to bring in Connor at some capacity, IMO.