Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

I am going to get the next booster the day before my next vacation so I can feel like crap without worrying about working

Charlotte has over 2 million in the metro city limits

The sad part is, after about the first 500k or so, vaccines were widely available and free, And deaths would have been significantly reduced if there was more widespread acceptance of them.

My wife just got through a bout of something this past week. Tested negative for Covid twice. But had fevers, chills, achy inflamed joints for a good 5 days. Dc. said to assume it was covid, but could have been flue I guess.

absolutely but then when I am lazy and just want to lay around and my wife gives me the stink eye, I can just point at my arm lol
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

They are not in harm's way, but my sister and BIL are definitely feeling the effects of the virus right now.

She finally tested positive this past Friday and has been on a 5-day course of paxlovid, if I remember the name correctly. Not sure what he is taking.

The healthcare facility where she works did not mandate the second booster shot this time around, which I find pretty interesting. He didn't get his second booster, either.

I got my 2nd booster Monday night. Same as before. A little draggy for a few days and a sore arm. They started their shots about two months ahead of me in the beginning. I got my last booster shot on December 7 last year, so I am right at the six-month window.

After all this time I finally got Covid (from my wife lol)…I had full body aches for one night and stuffed up…lost sense of taste and smell unfortunately…on a good note I cancelled my patients last week and headed to lake in SC/GA and got to extend July 4 by a few days…I kept my distance from others but tried making lemonade from lemons…happy 4th of July to you all

After all this time I finally got Covid (from my wife lol)…I had full body aches for one night and stuffed up…lost sense of taste and smell unfortunately…on a good note I cancelled my patients last week and headed to lake in SC/GA and got to extend July 4 by a few days…I kept my distance from others but tried making lemonade from lemons…happy 4th of July to you all
Hope you're feeling better, STS! Stay safe and keep your patients safe!

God speed.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

Hopefully you get your smell/taste back soon.
I met several old friends last weekend who've had in 2x. Another new normal.

My sister and her husband are going into week 4 after finally testing negative last week and are getting back into their regular routines.

I really wish I could find a timely story on hemorrhoids, because I would totally start a thread, "Corona virus, the asshole thread".

I see where Pfizer just applied to USDA for emergency use authorization of a booster for 6month-4 years of age. This just feels like money to me. This age group is not in any kind of high risk category IMO.

I see where Pfizer just applied to USDA for emergency use authorization of a booster for 6month-4 years of age. This just feels like money to me. This age group is not in any kind of high risk category IMO.
I second that!