Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

Wha
What is “discern report”? I’ve never heard of them. Anytime an article refers to a vaccine as “the jab” I question their credibility. Also “secret reports”? Who believes this garbage? Nothing in this is peer reviewed and all links are to unverified sources.

This article is fake news.

Last edited:
Guys let’s keep this non-political. So it doesn’t go the way of the other Corona Virus thread.

@Carolina1 please take a look at the guidelines regarding political posts.

pure lunacy
gif-nodding-42.gif

Reactions: STS
Just tested positive yesterday for the first time. I had to take my mother to the ER Friday morning, where she eventually tested positive. I was with her in the hospital all weekend, so it was just a matter of time.

My mother is 87, and after a couple of nights in the hospital with treatments of Remdesivir and Decadron, she was discharged Sunday afternoon.

Just tested positive yesterday for the first time. I had to take my mother to the ER Friday morning, where she eventually tested positive. I was with her in the hospital all weekend, so it was just a matter of time.

My mother is 87, and after a couple of nights in the hospital with treatments of Remdesivir and Decadron, she was discharged Sunday afternoon.
Hang in there. Glad your mom has made it through

That is awesome news, hope she continues to get well! Prayers sent my friend!

Got my bivalent booster yesterday. Even though we lost the bowl game, I feel like I won.

Probably will get the TDap booster in February.

it appears that the lab leak theory is gaining more and more steam...if that is the case what should be done to China? What if it was done intentionally? I am asking this in a non-partisan, non-political way...thus far there has been 758M confirmed cases and 6.8M deaths (attributed to COVID 19)...I really feel for anyone who lost love ones in what may turn out to be a completely preventable disease

obviously this shows the power of nature over man and man's attempts to screw with nature can have dire consequences

I don't think that was ever really in doubt for many. What should be done vs what can be done to CCC are two entirely different things. If the US was partially funding the lab which it looks like we were, we may also share in the responsibility. The greater coverup by some in this country and there should be further investigated but I'm skeptical we will see anything substantial come from this.

it appears that the lab leak theory is gaining more and more steam...if that is the case what should be done to China? What if it was done intentionally? I am asking this in a non-partisan, non-political way...thus far there has been 758M confirmed cases and 6.8M deaths (attributed to COVID 19)...I really feel for anyone who lost love ones in what may turn out to be a completely preventable disease

obviously this shows the power of nature over man and man's attempts to screw with nature can have dire consequences
Honestly I am not sure what can be done or if we'll ever know the truth (unless the chinese gov changes and opens up more - unlikely to happen any time soon). There seem to be conflicting reports even among our own gov agencies.

The pandemic helped me understand the concept of "germ load" and I still continue to wear a mask in the grocery store and other places where there are a lot of people indoors.

I also understand the changing nature of viruses now. There was A LOT of severe respiratory stuff in health care facilities before the pandemic, but it wasn't killing people.

Then things mutated and people started dying a lot more than normal.

Then it killed who it was going to kill and also mutated back to being non-lethal.

So I think it was a combination of survival of the fittest/herd resistance and developing proper vaccines.

Of course, the best thing is we all survived the pandemic to see us finally beat the Taters this past November. Here's a health to beating that nasty Tater virus again next season.

Honestly I am not sure what can be done or if we'll ever know the truth (unless the chinese gov changes and opens up more - unlikely to happen any time soon). There seem to be conflicting reports even among our own gov agencies.
One thing that should be done IMO is that we should begin decoupling ourselves on depending on China for so much even if it means paying more for items.