Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corona virus, the non-asshole thread

I wish there could be a non-partisan review of the pandemic to establish/review fact from fiction. There seems to be emerging lately information that contradicts the "science" that was being pushed during the first two years:

As mentioned above, there seems to be increasing evidence that the virus originated from a lab. It's such a mental leap to think that a novel corona virus discovered in Wuhan may have originated from the Wuhan novel corona virus lab. Sometimes Occam's Razor is correct, or as John Stewart humorously suggested: ‘Oh, my God, there’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pennsylvania. What do you think happened?'" Stewart went on. "Like, ‘Oh I don’t know, maybe a steam shovel mated with a cocoa bean?’ Or it’s the f---ing chocolate factory!"

That natural immunity offers protection that is at least on par with vaccinations, and for a longer extended period of time than vaccinations. Prior Covid-19 infections were not considered by governments (state and Federal) when considering employment terminations for government employees that refused to get vaccinated.

Recent studies show that medical or surgical masks "probably makes little or no difference" and even more sophisticated masks like N95s turned up "no clear differences for respiratory pathogens overall."

The science for so much of the corona virus simply wasn't. I understand data evolving during a tragedy, but limiting discussion resulted in bad policy. We need to learn and correct on this moving forward.

Ok
I am abiding my the board rules...and don't act for a moment that you weren't part of the problem
🙄 Open discussions is a problem, I was part of that problem, free thinking 🤔 that problem... 🤔 the fact you found it was a problem and point fingers says it all.

I wish there could be a non-partisan review of the pandemic to establish/review fact from fiction. There seems to be emerging lately information that contradicts the "science" that was being pushed during the first two years:

As mentioned above, there seems to be increasing evidence that the virus originated from a lab. It's such a mental leap to think that a novel corona virus discovered in Wuhan may have originated from the Wuhan novel corona virus lab. Sometimes Occam's Razor is correct, or as John Stewart humorously suggested: ‘Oh, my God, there’s been an outbreak of chocolatey goodness near Hershey, Pennsylvania. What do you think happened?'" Stewart went on. "Like, ‘Oh I don’t know, maybe a steam shovel mated with a cocoa bean?’ Or it’s the f---ing chocolate factory!"

That natural immunity offers protection that is at least on par with vaccinations, and for a longer extended period of time than vaccinations. Prior Covid-19 infections were not considered by governments (state and Federal) when considering employment terminations for government employees that refused to get vaccinated.

Recent studies show that medical or surgical masks "probably makes little or no difference" and even more sophisticated masks like N95s turned up "no clear differences for respiratory pathogens overall."

The science for so much of the corona virus simply wasn't. I understand data evolving during a tragedy, but limiting discussion resulted in bad policy. We need to learn and correct on this moving forward.
I think everyone needs a good dose of non partisan living, a day of gray, a day in different shoes, a day in different thought, a day with different people...

Amen. They were way to quick to label things "mis-information" and kept everything to a very narrow perspective. Very dangerous IMO. I was always in the camp of get the vaccine if you want it and it is ok if you are concerned and do not. 2 in my immediate family did 2 did not and we have faired almost identically when we contracted the virus. Obviously if you are in a high risk category that is something different. I hope we learn next time we let people have the freedom to make their own choice without all of the shaming and guilt for those that do not agree with us, whichever side of the equation they fall on.

This will never happen unfortunately...all the rules that were followed didn't mean shit b/c the science of any virus demonstrates need for herd immunity through either vaccines or infection...we shut down the economy/world for what two years and will never recover...I feel the worst for the kiddos who had to try to navigate this with the people in charge putting politics above science...it sucks the vaccines didn't work as advertised and it sucks that they were pushed for so long and potentially ruined so many people's lives

I want to know the origins and I want to know who in the US was a part of that...furthermore I want them to be held accountable if they lied and I want them held accountable if they profited from the pandemic...the politics pushed the science as opposed to the other way around and that is abhorrent...Pfizer is continuing to show through project veritas that there is a lot of money to be made in Pandemics...as for n95, unless you were fit checked they were no better than anything else...hopefully the US has learned that politics be damned science is science

Last edited:

You knew things were fishy when you could no longer call it the Wuhan virus or flu...the games were afoot.

Triple-boostered. Never been sick at all since the first shot. Live your life and I will live mine.
Me as well.
My sis tested + her 2nd time (she is 3x vaxxed). Mild symptoms 1st time, none at all the 2nd time.
Possibly we've had it with no symptoms.
I don't need an anti-vaxxer to tell me those shots didn't save lives. It was/is a deadly disease to many.

This will never happen unfortunately...all the rules that were followed didn't mean shit b/c the science of any virus demonstrates need for herd immunity through either vaccines or infection...we shut down the economy/world for what two years and will never recover...I feel the worst for the kiddos who had to try to navigate this with the people in charge putting politics above science...it sucks the vaccines didn't work as advertised and it sucks that they were pushed for so long and potentially ruined so many people's lives

I want to know the origins and I want to know who in the US was a part of that...furthermore I want them to be held accountable if they lied and I want them held accountable if they profited from the pandemic...the politics pushed the science as opposed to the other way around and that is abhorrent...Pfizer is continuing to show through project veritas that there is a lot of money to be made in Pandemics...as for n95, unless you were fit checked they were no better than anything else...hopefully the US has learned that politics be damned science is science
I was at Ft Jackson about a week ago to pick up meds and you are still required to wear a mask to enter the hospital. smh

Me as well.
My sis tested + her 2nd time (she is 3x vaxxed). Mild symptoms 1st time, none at all the 2nd time.
I don't need an anti-vaxxer to tell me those shots didn't save lives. It was/is a deadly disease to many.
Calling people who were more worried about the vaccine than Covid anti-vaxxers it what I am talking about. Fear and risk assessment drive both behaviors. If you are in a low risk category and don’t want it I am good with it. Either decision does not make them bad people. We need to move past that thinking that the politicization caused.

Me as well.
I feel the same as well. No symptoms but there have been times where I have felt weak like you do before getting sick, but didn't after I just rested a little.

On the other hand, my sister and BIL were only boostered once and got laid pretty low when they eventually got Covid and tested positive.

My sister had some pretty bad gastro stuff that she thinks was caused by the Paxlovid she was given after she tested positive. She has told me she is just going to take her chances the next time, if and when it ever happens.

Me as well.
I got covid once...July of 2022 so no doubt the vaccines helped...however most studies now show that the immunity from the acutal virus is better than that from the vaccines I felt far worse from the vaccines than I did from the actual virus (and I realize that is not the case for everyone)

Calling people who were more worried about the vaccine than Covid anti-vaxxers it what I am talking about. Fear and risk assessment drive both behaviors. If you are in a low risk category and don’t want it I am good with it. Either decision does not make them bad people. We need to move past that thinking that the politicization caused.
The human body is a very complex system and I agree with that, too.

What has also bothered me is the lack of emphasis on wellness and exercise before, during, and after the pandemic.

I got covid once...July of 2022 so no doubt the vaccines helped...however most studies now show that the immunity from the acutal virus is better than that from the vaccines I felt far worse from the vaccines than I did from the actual virus (and I realize that is not the case for everyone)
I believe I got it early on in January of 2020, when nobody really knew what it was and there was no test for it at the time.

I had the dry coughs at night until I started drinking a full glass of water with the Mucinex DM I took for the symptoms. It took a while, but eventually I got over it.

I also had some lingering respiratory stuff until I got the first two Pfizer shots. It seemed to come back a little before I would get each booster, but I don't know if that was diet-related and maybe due to being stuck in the house and being inactive like most folks were at the time.

There is a difference between being concerned about the vaccine side effects and making an educated decision about it with input from your doctor, vs. reading and believing all the misinformation, crackpot theories that are out there about the vaccine and the virus, becasue ytou heard it on some podcast or saw a facebook post about vaccines contaning a microchip or what have you. And people like Aaron Rodgers claiming he was 'immunized' because he took some kind of half baked concoction.

Vaccines in general work by achieving heard immunity, so you are not just vaccinating yourself, but it also protects society at large. So people that have real medical condition, ( or infants / toddlers) that prevent them for getting vaccianted, are still protected, becasue most everyone around them is vaccinated. Also the more people that are vaccinated (or have been exposed to the virus) globally reduce the chances of the virus mutating into more severe versions.

There is a difference between being concerned about the vaccine side effects and making an educated decision about it with input from your doctor, vs. reading and believing all the misinformation, crackpot theories that are out there about the vaccine and the virus, becasue ytou heard it on some podcast or saw a facebook post about vaccines contaning a microchip or what have you. And people like Aaron Rodgers claiming he was 'immunized' because he took some kind of half baked concoction.

Vaccines in general work by achieving heard immunity, so you are not just vaccinating yourself, but it also protects society at large. So people that have real medical condition, ( or infants / toddlers) that prevent them for getting vaccianted, are still protected, becasue most everyone around them is vaccinated. Also the more people that are vaccinated (or have been exposed to the virus) globally reduce the chances of the virus mutating into more severe versions.
I agree with that. Most people I know are cool with getting their kids immunized for the other diseases with proven vaccines, but were very hesitant with this one that had no track record, very small window and testing and no clue what long term effects may be. What I had a problem with was stuff that did not tow the agenda being labeled Mis-information when now we are finding out much of it was correct. Not sure how you separate the two, but there were actual scientist being silenced. This should not happen.

Last edited:
Also the more people that are vaccinated (or have been exposed to the virus) globally reduce the chances of the virus mutating into more severe versions.
It's also easy to forget the status of hospitals & health care workers who were on the front lines.
If I can take a shot that may keep me out of the ICU, then it seemed the responsible thing to do.

Reactions: STS