Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could System Be the Key for 4-Star DT Prospect Kelsey Griffin? (Griffin Thread)

Where will Kelsey Griffin sign?

• Georgia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Carolina

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Could System Be the Key for 4-Star DT Prospect Kelsey Griffin?

GF Staff

08/14/12

4 star Kelsey Griffin, a big defense tackle from Mill Creek High School in Hochston, Ga., has a big decision to make.

The 6'2", 290-pound defensive tackle, who is rated by 247Sports.com as the No. 5 defensive tackle in the country, has narrowed his choices to Georgia and South Carolina, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. (more)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of nation’s top defensive linemen narrows down to UGA and South Carolina

Kelsey Griffin, a 6-foot-2, 290-pound defensive lineman from Mill Creek High School, has the two SEC East schools as his leaders. He is ranked as the nation’s No. 5 overall defensive tackle by 247sports.com.

“I’ve got it down to South Carolina and Georgia … and that’s as far as I’ve gotten,” Griffin told the AJC.

“I’m not sure yet if I’m going to announce before the start of my season. It’s a possibility but I can’t really guarantee anything.”

What does Griffin like about South Carolina? “It’s just a homey place, it feels like home. I like the coaches, and have really enjoyed my visits down there.”

What about UGA? “It’s the same things as with South Carolina. It’s close to home. I like the coaches and how I fit into the game plan.” Griffin said UGA’s coaches told him he could play DT or DE for the team.

Griffin, who recently eliminated Tennessee from his leaders, said he is torn between South Carolina and Georgia. “I can’t really say one is ahead of the other. I don’t know. It’s hard to decide. Both are pretty equal.”

On Thursday, another one of the state’s top defensive linemen, Jay Woods of Jackson High School, will be announcing his college decision. His finalists are UGA, Kentucky, Vanderbilt and Missouri.

If Woods picks UGA, would that affect Griffin’s consideration of the Bulldogs? “Not really. My choice is my choice, and has nothing to do with anybody else. There are good players and good competition everywhere.”

link: http://bleacherrepor...aign=recruiting

Griffin nearing a decision

4 star DE Kelsey Griffin 6'2" 290 of Hoschton, GA still gives Georgia a slight edge over USC as he nears his decision but did clarify what that means to him. "Georgia is still out front but that doesn't really give them an advantage," Griffin said. "I just have to sit down and make a decision." Though he did not give a date that decision he did say, "It won't be a month" and continued by saying it could be within the next few weeks. "I've seen everything I need to see at both places," he said. "They both have everything I'm looking for. I just need to choose one." He has no plans of attending games at either school prior to his commitment. link: http://www.goupstate...9758/-1/PSPORTS

Griffin will be at USC-Georgia

One of USC's top remaining targets for the 2013 class, DL Kelsey Griffin 6'2" 290lbs of Hoschton, GA plans to attend Saturday's game in Columbia with Georgia. Griffin told TheBigSpur.com his parents will join him on the visit. Griffin also visited USC for the spring game. Griffin had actually decided on Georgia last week and held a news conference to announce a commitment. But he publicly committed before the Bulldogs were ready to accept his commitment, so he had to back off that pledge and is considering his other options. USC, Florida, Florida State and Auburn were the other schools high on his list when he made the commitment.

link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120930/PSPORTS02/121009994/-1/PSPORTS