Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DE Devin Washington (2013 Prospect video) (Gamecock commit)

DE Devin Washington (6-3 226) of Orlando will visit USC, Georgia Tech, Duke and NC State next week during his spring break. It will be his first trip to each school with the exception of Georgia Tech. "I'm going to narrow my list to 10 after spring ball and South Carolina is up there with me right now," Washington said. "After my visit, they could be even higher. I"m really looking forward to getting to see what they're all about. I want to get to know all the schools. I want to see it more for myself and get a feel for the school and see if it's a place where I can myself at." He will be at USC on Tuesday with his parents. He talked with Gamecock recruiter Grady Brown Wednesday. "USC and Central Florida are recriting the hardest," he said. "USC messages me every day. I've gotten handwritten letters the past three weeks. And coach Spurrier sent me three letters. I talk to them on the phone every week." Washington's offer sheet has grown to 16 with USC, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, South Florida, SMU, West Virginia, Rutgers, Cincinnati, Louisville, Duke, Kansas, Florida International, Illinois and Central Florida among them. He hopes to have his list down to five by the beginning of the summer. "I'm probably only going to attend one or two camps this year because I did like 10 or 11 last year," he said. "I'll probably go to my top two schools for camps, but that's it." He did not name a leader.

LINK: http://www.goupstate...9911/-1/PSPORTS

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington says USC now at front

DE Devin Washington of Orlando recently cut his long list of offers to ten. Now, he has a #1. "University of South Carolina is #1 on my list," Washington tweeted. Gamecock recruiter Everette Sands was by Washington's school Monday, and Washington plans to visit USC over the Memorial Day holiday. Many other recruiters have been thru Washington's school this week including ones from Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Illinois, Purdue, South Florida, Mississippi State, Stanford, Missouri, Minnesota and Mississippi State. Washington also picked up a new offer from Minnesota

Link: http://www.goupstate...9662/-1/PSPORTS

Washington makes it a two commit day for USC

DE Devin Washington (6-3 225) of Orlando became USC's second commitment of the day Thursday when he announced a pledge to the Gamecocks on Twitter. "Just committed to the University of South Carolina," Washington tweeted. "So happy to be a part of the Gamecock nation." Washington recently named the Gamecocks as his favorite over nearly 30 other offers. "Everything about South Carolina is nice," Washington said earlier in the spring when he nearly committed to the Gamecocks after a visit. He had narrowed his list to a final ten of USC, Clemson, Central Florida, Vanderbilt, NC State, Duke, South Florida, Florida International, Ole Miss and Missouri. Last season Washington had 55 tackles with 11 for loss and 6.5 sacks link: http://www.goupstate...9974/-1/PSPORTS

Washington to visit USC Saturday

USC DE commitment Devin Washington 6'1" 225lbs will make an unofficial visit with the Gamecocks Saturday. He will join LB target Matt Rolin of Ashburn, VA who is on the campus today. Rolin met with former Gamecock tight end Patrick DiMarco early on in his visit Friday. Rolin can also play tight end.

Washington says USC visit went great

USC commitment DE Devin Washington of Orlando spent the weekend in Columbia on an unofficial visit and the trip just reaffirmed his decision to join the Gamecocks. "The visit was great," Washington said. "I love it here and it's my second home. I came back up to show my grandparents and they loved it. Coach Sands is a great coach and when the coaches are hospitable it's great. I love the Gamecock nation and it's a big family." Washington committed to the Gamecocks May 10th.

Link: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20120527/PSPORTS02/120529646/-1/PSPORTS