Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Devonte Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
OK, I know this is supposed to be about the Gamecocks, but I've had a couple of beverages and had to post this. I think Devonte Smith should win the Heisman,  I get that it usually goes to a quarterback these days. However, I think he is the best college football player in the country. It's early in the SEC Championship game and Bama is only up by seven as I type. I just think based on what I've seen this season, Smith deserves the bronze statuette. 

What's working against the Bama guys is that the team would keep on winning without them.

You can't necessarily say that for Trask and Lawrence to a certain degree.

The Gators would not have been able to keep last night's game close without Trask and Clemson doesn't win the NC last year without Lawrence and he certainly had an positive effect on his teammates because they knew he was starting this time against the Irish.

So I think the Heisman race will be between primarily between Trask and Lawrence, but Lawrence will win it because he has an overall better body of work.

What's working against the Bama guys is that the team would keep on winning without them.

You can't necessarily say that for Trask and Lawrence to a certain degree.

The Gators would not have been able to keep last night's game close without Trask and Clemson doesn't win the NC last year without Lawrence and he certainly had an positive effect on his teammates because they knew he was starting this time against the Irish.

So I think the Heisman race will be between primarily between Trask and Lawrence, but Lawrence will win it because he has an overall better body of work.
You're probably right. However, I always thought the trophy went to the best player in college football.  Also, I guess I'm biased as a Gamecock fan. There's no question Trask and Lawrence are the best players on their respective teams.  I just cannot bring myself to pull for Florida or Clemson to win anything. 

You're probably right. However, I always thought the trophy went to the best player in college football.  Also, I guess I'm biased as a Gamecock fan. There's no question Trask and Lawrence are the best players on their respective teams.  I just cannot bring myself to pull for Florida or Clemson to win anything. 
That, too.

I think we will be much better next season and start beating Clemson again and then the Taters ride on parade float will be over.

Status
Not open for further replies.