Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dillon OT Josiah Thompson commits to Gamecocks

Dillon OT Josiah Thompson commits to Gamecocks​

USC continued to dominate the in-state recruiting scene for the 2024 class with a public commitment Friday morning from OT Josiah Thompson (6-7 290) of Dillon. Thompson gives Shane Beamer and offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley commitments from the state’s top three offensive linemen in the ’24 class, joining Kam Pringle of Woodland and Blake Franks of Greenville

The Gamecocks were in a good place with Thompson from the start. USC has been his favorite school from childhood as his father was a walk-on offensive lineman there in the 1990s. He made multiple visits with the Gamecocks over the last year and became one of Beamer’s top recruiting targets.

“I just knew that South Carolina was the place to be,” Thompson said. “The coaching staff, they are amazing, along with the players and the facilities. I remember when I first went up there, I got to meet all of the staff and the coaches, and every time I got up there, I just get more and more comfortable around the coaches. It’s easy to talk to Coach Lonnie (Teasley), Coach (Greg) Atkins, coach Shane Beamer. We get along pretty well and have that close relationship with each other. They want to make me a better person on and off the field and that’s what I really love about it.”

Thompson said his decision came down to USC and Alabama. Crimson Tide OL coach Eric Wolford offered him when he was at USC and the two stayed in touch. But what he heard from the Gamecock staff convinced him to stay close to home and be their left tackle of the future.

“They are going to help me become great,” he said. “I’m going to be a big piece to the offense line, achieve something great in the future at South Carolina. That’s the reason why I chose, because if you work hard and work together, you can definitely achieve something great. I’m very strong and quick with my feet. I’m good with my hands and I have good eyes. That’s what they really like about me. I’m able to bend and they love how flexible I am. They want me to weigh about 305. I weigh 285 right now.”

Thompson chose USC over Clemson, Alabama, Miami, Tennessee and Georgia. He gives the Gamecocks seven commitments for their 2024 class including four from in-state.

Josiah Thompson talks about commitment to USC

Skill positions take notice... "if you work hard and work together, you can definitely achieve something great"!!
Beamer Ball is a Culture!