Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dillon OT Josiah Thompson Indicates He’s Set With His College Decision

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Dillon OT Josiah Thompson Indicates He’s Set With His College Decision​

SPORTSTALK / March 15, 2023

1679074044891.pngJust a few hours after another unofficial visit to USC Tuesday, Dillon OT Josiah Thompson (6-7 290) made public that he knows where he wants to play his college football. Via a tweet, Thompson wrote, “I know my decision now!!” Thompson was joined on the visit by his head coach Kelvin Roller and two teammates.

Thompson met with offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley and new offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, along with head coach Shane Beamer. He watched the Gamecocks opening spring practice, and he also went through another photo shoot.

“He had a good time watching practice with Coach Loggains being his first time as the offensive coordinator,” Roller said. “They always roll the red carpet out whenever he comes up there. They’ve just done a job recruiting him. They just showed him a lot of attention. He thought it was a good practice. He’s comfortable up there now. He’s been up there multiple times.”

Roller said on the road back to the Pee Dee, Thompson didn’t have that much to say about what was on his mind regarding his recruiting. Thompson also visited USC for a junior day January 21st. He was at the Clemson junior day January 28th and was supposed to accompany Roller to Clemson Monday to watch practice but didn’t make the trip.

Roller was not sure if Thompson had scheduled an official visit with the Gamecocks for their major weekend of June 23rd.

“I don’t know to be honest with you. We haven’t talked about that yet,” the coach said. “I know Coach Teasley had talked about possibly bringing him the last week in June, but I’m not sure if that’s been set.”

Thompson named a top six in January of USC, Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Miami. He has said he grew up a Gamecock fan as his father was a walk-on offensive lineman there during the Brad Scott days.

The Gamecocks already have a commitment from another of the state’s top 2024 offensive line prospects in OT Kam Pringle of Woodland, and they are working on another in OG Blake Franks of Greenville.