Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dion strikes again!

Deion is flamboyant and some people don't like that, but he succeeds through his work ethic and beliefs.

It will be interesting to see if his success at Jackson State translates to Colorado since the Buffaloes have been invisible more often than not over the years.

Agreed I moved from SC to Madison, MS in 99 and returned back home in 2014. The stories I can tell about JSU and Jackson in general. The climb he has to make in Colorado compared to JSU looks like the mountains that surround him. However I would not count him out just yet.
Deion is flamboyant and some people don't like that, but he succeeds through his work ethic and beliefs.

It will be interesting to see if his success at Jackson State translates to Colorado since the Buffaloes have been invisible more often than not over the years.
Agreed I moved from SC to Madison, MS in 99 and returned back home in 2014. The stories I can tell about JSU and Jackson in general. The climb he has to make in Colorado compared to JSU looks like the mountains that surround him. However I would not count him out just yet.

You give me an example of the man failing, he will get talent and that is 80% of the battle...

Kinf of along the lines of what Holt did when he came here and took the players names off the Jersey's. But a bit more extreme.

I like his approach. He runs his mouth a bit more than I like, but he tends to back it up, and I definitely appreciate the values he is instilling. I think the "earn it" mentality would serve everyone well, over the you are wonderful and great, just the way you are philosophy. I was brought up that you were nothing until you proved otherwise.

I think he’s going to crash and burn at CU. He went from big fish in a small pond to a minnow in a big pond. The “all about dion” show will fizzle out pretty quickly.

I like his approach. He runs his mouth a bit more than I like, but he tends to back it up, and I definitely appreciate the values he is instilling. I think the "earn it" mentality would serve everyone well, over the you are wonderful and great, just the way you are philosophy. I was brought up that you were nothing until you proved otherwise.
Didn’t he anoint his son the starting QB back when he got the job before any practices were held? Maybe his earn it mentality only applies to people outside of his family….

Didn’t he anoint his son the starting QB back when he got the job before any practices were held? Maybe his earn it mentality only applies to people outside of his family….
he probably saw his son play a couple of times before but who knows how Shadeur will react to going from a 60K stadium to the 100K for CU. Deion may be out of his element at this level of coaching. I don't know if he has much experience with D-1 ball to be frank. The lights may prove too bright for him. Look at what happened to guys like Will Muschamp, Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart, Shane Beamer and Jim Harbaugh. Just saying that Sanders will have to beat the odds.

he probably saw his son play a couple of times before but who knows how Shadeur will react to going from a 60K stadium to the 100K for CU. Deion may be out of his element at this level of coaching. I don't know if he has much experience with D-1 ball to be frank. The lights may prove too bright for him. Look at what happened to guys like Will Muschamp, Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart, Shane Beamer and Jim Harbaugh. Just saying that Sanders will have to beat the odds.
His son is by all accounts a solid QB, I think we along with a few other SEC schools offered him, and he would probably prove to be the best on the roster. Its just a bit off putting to hear him preach about earning a spot and low number when his son wears #2 and was named starter before a single practice.

I forgot about that. You have a point. That does speak badly to other recruits, that nepotism is alive and well.

Guy is a me first show boat. Was as a player and is as a coach. Lots of his statements begin with “I” and include “Me”. Wants to make sound bites and go viral to stay in the news. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as a player and coach if you can back it up. He’s working the system. His style definitely draws the attention of some recruits and the media. That’s more than half the battle. Let’s see if it translates to success on the field quick enough at a higher level. If so this is another stepping stone for him. He’s great at marketing himself that’s for sure.

Guy is a me first show boat. Was as a player and is as a coach. Lots of his statements begin with “I” and include “Me”. Wants to make sound bites and go viral to stay in the news. Nothing necessarily wrong with that as a player and coach if you can back it up. He’s working the system. His style definitely draws the attention of some recruits and the media. That’s more than half the battle. Let’s see if it translates to success on the field quick enough at a higher level. If so this is another stepping stone for him. He’s great at marketing himself that’s for sure.
In every press conference I have seen him say we, we're except he started out saying I love Colorado...
At Jackson St he was the same way?