Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Direct from Coach Prime to his team

USCGMCK

Fanatics Cash
Wow

Jackson State hammered Florida A&M 59-3 this past Saturday. Deion is 15-5 in his third year.

I get what he is saying, but the video makes you think it was the other way around.

Did Bobby Bowden do it that way? Asking for a friend. LOL

His previous declaration was;
No slides or sandals in the classroom
No arm-pits wear a sleeve to class
Football players must sit on the front row in class
Shower everyday before class

I agree with him. He's building a good team and he doesn't have time for this nonsense. It infuriates me to see people (mainly kids) walking and staring at their phones. My wife and I were at a restaurant last week, and I watched a kid and his mom stare at their phones while they waited for a table, then they stared at them while they walked to the table, and sat down to stare at it some more. I hate it because people have little to no idea what is going on around them. I have told my kids since they were little to have situational awareness, and know who and what is around you. I also agree with his dress code. People worry too much about being comfortable. Look and act like you are someone. Don't be a pig all the time. Good stuff Coach Deion!

Having lived in a Jackson suburb for several years (Madison "The City"). I can understand what he faced on his arrival at JSU. I think more than anything he is trying to be a coach, father, leader and a mentor to a lot kids that have never had any of those things in their lives. Don't get wrong that does not apply all JSU students. He was stunned by the condition of the football team and has been preaching since his arrival. Remember his son was here for a while and is now the starting QB at JSU and a good one.

He talked Michael Irvin into donating laptops to his players.
Deion is giving half his salary back to JSU for a football facility.
Diddy donated 1M to the football program.
J Rule is doing something similar.

Love him or hate him looks like his heart is in the right place. One other thing the stadium they play in off campus hold a little over 60K average attendence in the past around 5,000 if lucky. Currently half full to sell outs.

Just FYI