Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs

STS

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
Anyone else having any trouble finding certain medications? Our son is on a med that we can't find anywhere and of course the insurance is balking at the cost of the non-generic. I have run into it in my practice in which I am actually having to prescribe stronger opioids then I normally would because of supply issues...I feel like a drug dealer calling pharmacies and asking if they have any of a certain med in stock...it is ridiculous

Yes. 1000% yes and it's frustrating as hell. The manufacturer of one of my generics was bought out and supply has basically vanished. Insurance balked at paying the name brand too. Luckily, there is another drug out there that has a secondary use and I was able to switch easily.

We run out of gentamicin pretty regularly. 1% lidocaine with 1:100,000 epi is like gold and being hidden in all the Dental/ENT rooms lol.

I was at CVS on Monday getting some gabapentin filled for our dog, and some lady was trying to find children's liquid tylenol...and the pharm tech was telling her supply has been almost non-existent for 6 months.

It's hard to believe the amount of damage that Covid has done to not only healthcare supply chains, but also to healthcare in general.

I was at CVS on Monday getting some gabapentin filled for our dog, and some lady was trying to find children's liquid tylenol...and the pharm tech was telling her supply has been almost non-existent for 6 months.

It's hard to believe the amount of damage that Covid has done to not only healthcare supply chains, but also to healthcare in general.
agreed man...still going on this far downstream! I am glad that these meds aren't life and death for our family but it could be brutal for others!

lol! I have a huge stock of 2% lido with 1:100,000 epi! We could meet halfway and make some "trades"
We had some plastics guy pitch a fit at 3 in the morning because we didn’t have any… like actually yelling at me about it. Like what do you want me to do at 3 am? There was none in the whole hospital.

lol! I have a huge stock of 2% lido with 1:100,000 epi! We could meet halfway and make some "trades"
drug-dealer-exchange.gif

FDA keeps a running database on drug shortages you can lookup. Typically the reason is listed as "other".

Coincidentally, the local KFC was out of chicken last week.

Different kind of drug, I reckon.

I wondered out loud if the chickens were made in China when someone told about it.

Can attest to the validity but I heard on the radio today that the baby formula shortage was popping up again.

Coincidentally, the local KFC was out of chicken last week.

Different kind of drug, I reckon.

I wondered out loud if the chickens were made in China when someone told about it.
Speaking of chicken, apparently the shortage and inflated prices for eggs were not due to avian flu, but rather collusion...

Cal-Maine’s gross profit jumped tenfold from one 26-week period in 2021 to the same period in 2022, according to the company’s most recent quarterly financial statement. For the 26-week fiscal period ending in November 2021, gross profits were $50.4 million. In 2022 for the same period, gross profits were $535.3 million.

From the first quarter of 2022 to the last, the company’s margins grew more than threefold, according to Farm Action.

“To increase your gross margins by 345% from the year before while consumers are looking at at least doubled egg prices — I mean, that’s just theft,” Carden said.
https://www.agriculture.com/news/bu...gg-profits-prompt-accusation-of-price-gouging