Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT at QB - After Watching Replay

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Having had a chance to watch the replay of the game the one thing that stands out to me today with regards to DT at QB is that he appeared to have a good understanding of the entire package Spurrier wants to run. I didn't notice many, if any, instances where DT looked "lost" out there. Granted we were playing an opponent that may not have a superior defense capable of hiding coverages, etc. but when was the last time we had a QB that looked comfortable and in the know with regards to what passes should / should not be thrown. I want to even say I noticed a few reads that DT made which appeared to be the wrong reads but even when he was coming off the field to speak with SOS and GA he was already indicating which read he should have gone with. I could be wrong there but just an observation. I have to say that after the first possession this was the first USC game that I have watched in a while where I actually felt comfortable when our QB dropped back to pass...comfortable that the right read was going to be made and/or the ball was going to be put in a position that only our guy had a shot at it. I'm not saying that DT should replace Shaw but it was just nice to see the good start and his confidence and understanding of the Spurrier system come through.