Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duke’s Mayo Bowl

Traveling Man

Fanatics Cash
Looks we are back to Charlotte and we get another shot at Virginia. I watched them play Va Tech, their QB is very talented, it should be a challenging game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Their QB might do well against us. Maybe there is some Carolina pride to play for

12/5/2021 POST BY GCF STAFF

[SIZE= 2rem]Gamecocks and Tar Heels Set to Meet in Duke’s Mayo Bowl[/SIZE]

December 30 Contest Set for Charlotte’s Bank of America Stadium

The University of South Carolina football program has accepted a bid to play in the 2021 Duke's Mayo Bowl on Thursday, December 30, against the North Carolina Tar Heels, it was announced today by the Charlotte Sports Foundation, owner and operator of the game. The game, scheduled for Bank of America Stadium (74,867) in Charlotte, N.C., will kick off at 11:30 am ET and will be televised nationally on ESPN.

North Carolina is designated as the away team and South Carolina is designated as the home team. (ARTICLE)

BowlGameGFX_16x9_21.jpg

iu

This is a great chance to win a game against a team we recruit against. UNC has tried to create a barrier around North Carolina so a good showing and win will by the Gamecocks will go a long way toward keeping that pipeline open.

last time we were there our best player opted out...I can't see that being the case for any of our players this time!  If we protect our QB I like our chances but then again of course UNC may not like the Beamer name and have an axe to grind (but I doubt any players actually care)

Last edited by a moderator: