Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank fired for winning too much lol

thumb_ok-then-memegenerator-net-ok-then-alrighty-then-jim-carrey-53154874.png

People that take things personal tend to make things personal. Ego has a lot to do with that and the way he handled his issues with players during games.

I like the guy, but that perception of him was always in the back of my mind while he was here.

Realistically, he is probably gonna do some talking if/when Lamont starts taking losses in conference play, too.

It's a bad look, but I would still rather see Frank motivated by having something to prove instead of pouting on the sidelines while he let the teams lose enough games to matter in terms of post-season invitations.

He will probably rub it in if UMass wins its conference this year, too. I still want to see the guy do well regardless.

He was trying to lose more they just didn't give him enough time.

Joking GMB2. I like Frank and didn't like the firing, especially the timing. He did a ton of good things but also had his share of issues. He landed some but missed on a ton of instate guys as well and seemed to keep a rotation of project players. The revolving door of transfers was concerning. His best players fortunately and unfortunately were all on the same team that made the F4 run. Frank's teams did play hard and he ran a clean program. He inherited a hot mess, that's for sure. Wish it worked out but it didn't and we all need to let it go, him to. I'm sure he meant that comment somewhat jokingly anyway.

He may have meant that he was a prisoner of the higher standards he raised after the Final Four run.

I think the recruit drop-off could also have been due to fall-out from our involvement in the bribery scandal to a degree. No highly-sought-after recruit really wants to play for a school that might be put on probation or a coach that stands a chance of being fired or handed an NCAA show cause. Both of those things were certainly possible until the NCAA said otherwise.

Our link to the bribery scandal may have offset the notoriety of the Final Four run.

If he manages to get anyone to believe that, he needs to become a politician.

Exactly he should let it go.
Why he is not affiliated with USC, who won more, who had more succes, who took us further... let it go... He did his job, ran a clean program and left the program light years ahead what he inherited, that is winning and he was laughing when he said it, as a GAMECOCK fan we know his sense of humor... Just curious but when Coach Martin was at K State he was as hot a college basketball coach as they come and a huge get in my mind, how about yours? This paid off with our first postseason win in my lifetime, he could be jabbing us fans a little with that remark but hard to blame him imo
Hope Coach Paris and GG make his time here a side not, GO COCKS!

I want to hear how the program is light years ahead thanks to Frank. I’ll hang up and listen.
Just compare recruiting with Horn, whom was the coach before Frank.. Do you think it is easier to recruit with a Final Four or an NCAA winless streak? Speak to local high school coaches, culture, culture...

Just compare recruiting with Horn, whom was the coach before Frank.. Do you think it is easier to recruit with a Final Four or an NCAA winless streak? Speak to local high school coaches, culture, culture...
All I saw after Sin and a legacy player in Dozier was a bunch of project players and a consistent turnover in players. It was like we turned the roster every year and I don't think we are markedly improved or light years ahead of where we were since that final 4 run. I actually think he failed to capitalize on that run. We can agree to disagree, but don't come on here acting like your opinion is fact if someone disagrees with you. I appreciate your passion and support for Gamecock athletics and our coaches. I just feel like Frank feels like we did him wrong somehow and I just don't understand why he feels that way.

All I saw after Sin and a legacy player in Dozier was a bunch of project players and a consistent turnover in players. It was like we turned the roster every year and I don't think we are markedly improved or light years ahead of where we were since that final 4 run. I actually think he failed to capitalize on that run. We can agree to disagree, but don't come on here acting like your opinion is fact if someone disagrees with you. I appreciate your passion and support for Gamecock athletics and our coaches. I just feel like Frank feels like we did him wrong somehow and I just don't understand why he feels that way.
I didn't come on here and act like my opinion was fact, I don't understand how you feel that way. I backed up my opinion not how I feel after you hung up too listen but decided to call back... Martin was let go after going 9-9 in the SEC, Horn would have got a raise for going 9-9, his best record was 10-6 while giving more chatter to the graveyard for coaches as he was not hired after getting fired... Because you don't understand and feel some kind of way allow me to apologize for assuming, I saw a coach battle through ups and downs of a quickly evolving college athletic landscape, while dealing with a pandemic and trying to evolve and grow while battling COVID and almost looking like death warmed over a few times... I hope Coach Paris has more success, I hope he gets to a Final Four quicker and can take the next step that. I FEEL Coach Martin would have done with GG. From everything I've seen the move could make Tanner a genius, I just didn't like it at the time but look forward to watching Coach Paris.