Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frank Martin and USC Part Ways

GregoryHouse

Administrator
Fanatics Cash
AD Ray Tanner announces a national search for the next Mens Basketball Coach.

This move should affect USC’s ability to make the NIT and the NCAA tournament in the coming years.

1. Frank McGuire (1965-80) 283-142 2. Frank Johnson (1941-42/1946-58) 174-175 3. Frank Martin (2012-22) 171-147
4. Dave Odom (2002-08) 128-104 5. Eddie Fogler (1994-2001) 123-117
6. Bill Foster (1981-86) 92-79 7. George Felton (1987-91) 87-62

Top 7 coaches in the history of our program, the only 7 coaches with records over .500 and they have one thing in common with the rest of the coaches on the list, they were all run off by the fans and alumni for one reason or another... Glad we expect more and I hope we get it! GO GAMECOCKS!

I hope we find the man this time, I hope we give him time to build a program, a culture at South Carolina or maybe if they will come bring back Boynton or a Martin guy and continue the culture, program that Martin has built!

Good Luck to Coach Martin and his family, Goad Bless you for bringing me that one March Madness I dreamed of and you almost pulled it off, I never have to hear about Coppin St again! Thank you for bringing back South Carolina Basketball to the Carolina Arena with Thornwell, Reese, Dozier... for being a part of the community, being accessible to high school coaches! Thank you for coaching through COVID and most of all thank you for doing it the right way! Wish it had worked out better, hope our next coach learns from you and is better but hoping you are forever a GAMECOCK!