Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freshly offered Georgia LB ready to join Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Freshly offered Georgia LB ready to join Gamecocks​

SPORTSTALK / June 13, 2023
1686767309883.pngSAF David Bucey (6-2 200) of Savannah camped at USC last week in front of head coach Shane Beamer and secondary coach Torrian Gray, and his performance confirmed what area recruiter Jody Wright had been telling the staff. Bucey was deserving of a scholarship offer from the Gamecocks.

Tuesday, Bucey heard from the Gamecocks, and he got the news he was hoping for. He had an official offer from USC.

“I talked to Jody and then Coach Gray on the phone, and then Coach Beamer called me. He was the one who officially said it,” Bucey said. “My reaction was, I was smiling. I was laughing as they were calling me, I was so happy. Words can’t describe how happy I was. They called my mom, she was like wow, that’s great, she was tearing up. My dad was like, so proud of you man. All good things.”

Bucey did not respond with a commitment to Beamer, but there’s a clear understanding between the two that Beamer should have his Twitter commitment alert for Bucey prepared to fire off any anytime.

“I love it. It’s some place I definitely want to be. Absolutely want to be there,” Bucey said. “I can see myself being a Gamecock, that’s for sure. Get on an official visit towards the end of June, talk to my parents and that will pretty much seal the deal. Something could happen (sooner), but it depends on what my parents want to do. We’ll work it out.”

Bucey credits Wright with getting the ball rolling towards where things stand today between him and the Gamecocks.

“I went to a game a year ago. The atmosphere is crazy there,” Bucey said. “Jody Wright, he always came by the school, and I talked to him about recruiting and all that. They did offer a tight end that goes to my school, Logan Brooking. I’ve seen Jody frequently the past year. I’m in love with the school, the football, I went to the camp. Just everything about it is nice, facilities, school, people, head coach, all that good stuff.”

Bucey still needed to show off his skills at camp last week, and he feels like he responded with a strong performance.

“The camp definitely helped a lot. They said I did really good,” Bucey said. “They went back and watched the film on the camp and said I did really good. They said the way I move, the way I play ball. Coach Beamer actually said he actually loves the way I play. I play with a different intensity. When I did go to camp, Coach Gray said I moved really well, and I surprised him with how I moved.”

Bucey has set his official visit with USC for June 23rd. The Gamecocks aren’t hosting any visits this weekend due to Father’s Day. He also has offers from West Virginia, Iowa State, Washington State, Appalachian State, Troy, Georgia Southern, FAU, Middle Tennessee State, Buffalo and others. He has not taken or scheduled any other visits.

Last season Bucey had 100 total tackles with five sacks and four interceptions, three he returned for touchdowns. He also plays receiver and led his region in receiving last season.