Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecock Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoganman1

Fanatics Cash
Occasionally, I go to the Gamecock Central site. I'm not a member but one can read the Fighting Gamecocks forum comments without paying to join. Man, it's so negative over there.  I'm probably going to avoid ever joining the site. Some posters hate everything. There are a few that are optimistic about the Beamer era. However, many complain about everything he has done so far. Mainly, I'm just trying to get information on who Coach Beamer is hiring and what is happening with team. It's tough wading through all the vitriol on that site.  Please let's not let this site spiral into the depths of despair that has happened on GC. 

PS So far I like all the coaches Coach Beamer has hired or retained. I'm anxiously waiting to see who he picks as DC. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Occasionally, I go to the Gamecock Central site. I'm not a member but one can read the Fighting Gamecocks forum comments without paying to join. Man, it's so negative over there.  I'm probably going to avoid ever joining the site. Some posters hate everything. There are a few that are optimistic about the Beamer era. However, many complain about everything he has done so far. Mainly, I'm just trying to get information on who Coach Beamer is hiring and what is happening with team. It's tough wading through all the vitriol on that site.  Please let's not let this site spiral into the depths of despair that has happened on GC. 

PS So far I like all the coaches Coach Beamer has hired or retained. I'm anxiously waiting to see who he picks as DC. 
The big boards are cesspools of anger and negativity. That's why I came here.

I don't know we're 2-8 and all kinds of dysfunctional this season. You can't expect too much enthusiasm. If we win, it'll turn around. That's just human nature.

It's one thing to vent....but continuous bickering is not venting.  

It's one thing to vent....but continuous bickering is not venting.  
You're both right, IMO. Bad seasons = more bickering. Big boards = higher % of fights between the "Never Happies" and the "Sunshine Pumpers." I'll add in the sociological reality of the stress on all of us from everything from the economy and job loss to the pandemic to the election and it all adds up to inflamed and angry folks venting anonymously on message boards.

You're both right, IMO. Bad seasons = more bickering. Big boards = higher % of fights between the "Never Happies" and the "Sunshine Pumpers." I'll add in the sociological reality of the stress on all of us from everything from the economy and job loss to the pandemic to the election and it all adds up to inflamed and angry folks venting anonymously on message boards.
This is the most real thing I've read on this site. Well put.

I read a good bit on other sites, but years of CT taught me to brush off the negativity. I remember people were clamoring to bench Shaw during each of our 11-2 seasons. Some people just cannot be happy.

Try 247 Sports - Big Spur.  I have been able to get some info from them. But Like Gamecock Central they do want Posters to join so you won't have Access to all the information.  I have also been able to find information on a site called," Fansided."

Lincoln Riley's brother is a OC for SMU possible Candidate to share with Mike Bobo.  Riley is inexperienced so Bobo would help him call plays.  Riley Probably would be the Passing Game Coordinator. Riley suppose to be a new Innovative Mind.  Will Friend was the UT Vols Offensive Line Coach that Pruitt just fired.  Will Friend worked for Mike Bobo at Colorado State and is Rumored to be a candidate to be our Offensive Line Coach along side the Coach who played for Newberry College that we just hired.

Possible DC Candidates, Derek Mason former Vandy Coach, The NC Tarheel DC for Mack Brown is also a possible Candidate.  I read most of this info from Fansided.

I hope this helps.  I like Josh Pate, I think he works for 247 Sports. he has a YouTube Channel and does his best to be fair and not One-sided.

Wow, a quote from former VP Spiro Agnew. While I was not a fan of that administration, as a student of history, I'm impressed. 
While the phrase is generally attributed to Agnew, it was actually written by White House speechwriter William Safire.

You and me both Hoganman. I go over there sporadically and feel the exact same. It made me miss Cockytalk. Cockytalk had it's fair share of Negative Nancys but I always felt the mods were good at weeding out the asinine negativity from the constructive criticism. Gamecock central just feel like the wild west. It's like 9 pages of negativity per legit post.

You and me both Hoganman. I go over there sporadically and feel the exact same. It made me miss Cockytalk. Cockytalk had it's fair share of Negative Nancys but I always felt the mods were good at weeding out the asinine negativity from the constructive criticism. Gamecock central just feel like the wild west. It's like 9 pages of negativity per legit post.
Not even an exaggeration!

Lots of negativity on the big boards.  That's why when Swayin' was running OOTS (Order of the Spur) it was great.  This board is very similar to OOTS.

And for my personal sanity, I let go of the frustration and anger in Gamecock sports, especially football years ago.  I still have relapses, but they are less! :) I can't pin my happiness in life on sports, especially 18-22 year old kids.  Hopefully Beamer gets it turned around and we are competitive in the next few years.

Lots of negativity on the big boards.  That's why when Swayin' was running OOTS (Order of the Spur) it was great.  This board is very similar to OOTS.

And for my personal sanity, I let go of the frustration and anger in Gamecock sports, especially football years ago.  I still have relapses, but they are less! :) I can't pin my happiness in life on sports, especially 18-22 year old kids.  Hopefully Beamer gets it turned around and we are competitive in the next few years.
Man I agree 100% everything you said. I did not know Swayin was running the show. Wish I could remember his name who I thought it was. LOL sat with him on a few Spring games when Rusty was around. Dang getting old here. Maybe he designed OOTS and got the server and maintain the site. Hell can't remember. Even came over to the house. 

His username was Gamecockfan his Avatar was a Cocky with a fan blowing on Cocky. 

It sounds like most of us are on the same page. I've been a fan for well over 50 years. I realize we're not going to immediately win the East. I just want to get back to being mentioned in the conversation. Right now it's all about Georgia and Florida. My hope is Shane can get us there.  Being negative and gripping gets us nowhere.

His username was Gamecockfan his Avatar was a Cocky with a fan blowing on Cocky. 
That was Mark. He and I set up the site together and I ran it; he stuck around for a while before heading back to the big board, and I ran OOTS for maybe 6-7 years on two different sites before we  shut down and tried Facebook. Talk about a swamp of negativity! That's how I ended up here.

Last edited by a moderator:
GCC is very negative and the back and forth pissing matches are sad.  There are tidbits of info, but I suspect it is mostly students who have no basis in reality when it comes to football.  The Big Spur irritates the crap out of me.  Their "public" board is anything but.  Click bait and then within threads some info is revealed while others is hidden to members.  I just won't pay for their "inside Info" that remains "inside" for a day or two before going public.  

Status
Not open for further replies.