Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecock Men - a very puzzling team

picknroll

Regal Premier Gamecock
Fanatics Cash
I love this group of players we have. They do fight and they are very talented but they simply have no confidence in their offense. Certainly we all know that the half court game is their Achilles Heel. So many times tonight I saw them pass up good shots to make a pass. About the only player we have who wants to jack it up is Notice. I wish we knew what on earth has happened to Thornwell, but he is having an awful time. Generally speaking when we go down in transition I do not see us force the ball all the way to the rim, which we ought to do every time because of how unlikely it is that we will score out of our set offense. I can only hope that Dozier and Silva (just coming off a monster game against the nations #1 ranked prospect...something like 27 points and 17 boards) are going to help loosen up the lane for us next season and take a little heat off Notice and Thornwell.  

Silva        

We get a slew of rebounds, blocks, steals, turnovers, and stops, but DAMN....points are really evading us! Nevertheless, as I began, I really do appreciate their hard work and all out effort. It will pay off for us in the long run.

I feel the talent is not there, shooting is bad etc etc.. I felt at the start of the season that they would be a 500 team. I think you remember some of my earlier post. I felt the need of more talent, shooters and  couble of big man. until then we will not get better until we get better players. Just my feeling...............

It would help if Johnson & Thornwell could make some shots.  Against Texas A&M they were a combined 4-20 (20%) and the team scored 52 points.

Last night against Alabama we scored 51 points and Johnson/Thornwell shot....you guessed it....4-20 again.  Defense will only carry you so far in this league.

The problem is that EVERYONE is playing zone against us, and we just can't make the shots.  Down low I appreciate the effort, but we are just limited talent-wise at the 4/5 spots.  Losing Henry for the rest of the season for his misbehavior sure didn't help.

And yes, Silva is a STUD of a player.  He went up against Ben Simmons of Monteverde Academy, Florida recently.  Now Simmons is the #1 recruit in the nation and is headed to LSU (take THAT SEC basketball haters!) and Silva OWNED him to the point of 27 points and 14 boards in that game.  Even though Silva's team lost that game, there is plenty to be excited about next year with him coming on board, but IMO we need one more post player to make our transition to a perennially winning basketball team complete.