Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecock Track and Field

AikenGameFan

GCF VIP Member
Fanatics Cash
With 12 student-athletes qualifying in 13 events for the 2024 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships, it has already been an outstanding season for South Carolina first year head coach Tim Hall. Although seven of South Carolina’s 12 competitors are making their first trip to the Outdoor Nationals, including six freshmen, the Gamecocks are not just happy to be there.
One we all know about, freshman Nyck Harbor is making his national championship debut in the 100 and 200-meter races.
I think it is great that Beamer let him miss most of Spring practice to be part of this. Can you imagine how fast he might be out there in the secondary?

Got my new Timex Ironman in the mail yesterday and looking to get some new Asics running shoes this week.

I stopped jogging on a regular basis during the pandemic so I am way off. Making a concerted effort to get back into it since baseball season is done for us and I need to get off the couch.

I covered three-tenths of a mile in 3:18 yesterday, so watch out Nyck Harbor. footballcockysmall.gif

LOL

Got my new Timex Ironman in the mail yesterday and looking to get some new Asics running shoes this week.

I stopped jogging on a regular basis during the pandemic so I am way off. Making a concerted effort to get back into it since baseball season is done for us and I need to get off the couch.

I covered three-tenths of a mile in 3:18 yesterday, so watch out Nyck Harbor. footballcockysmall.gif
I just started back myself last week. Haven't done much since 2020. I need a new pair of HOKA's.
I know the couple that own the Fleet Feet in Augusta. Great people and great place to get running shoes. Just hard to go spend $120-$140 for a pair of shoes. My wife calls them expensive tennis shoes. I tell her I ain't playing no tennis.
According to my Garmin, I covered 1 mile in 14:50.23.
Back 2012 I started running because I was way overweight. In 2013 I did a sprint triathlon in Charleston. Since then, I have completed 10 half-marathons, about 30-40 5K's and 10K's, and 8 sprint Triathlons.
In Sept. 2016 I did the Augusta Ironman. In 2017 I tried the Muncie Ironman but had a bad wreck on my bike, so I went to just doing runs.
In 2018 I tried the Charleston Marathon but did not finish. They came and picked me up when the time ran out. In Dec. 2019 I did the Kiawah Island Marathon and finished in time. Being 55 y.o. I felt like I had won it finishing in 5 hr. 15 min.
I could still do 9:00 min. miles then but after about 7 or 8 I got really slow.
I doubt I will ever top 10:00 min. again. I was proud to actually did do a full marathon. But after that I just stopped working out and got fat again.
I turn 60 this year. I might try a 5K just to say I could still do one, but it will be my slowest ever.

I just started back myself last week. Haven't done much since 2020. I need a new pair of HOKA's.
I know the couple that own the Fleet Feet in Augusta. Great people and great place to get running shoes. Just hard to go spend $120-$140 for a pair of shoes. My wife calls them expensive tennis shoes. I tell her I ain't playing no tennis.
According to my Garmin, I covered 1 mile in 14:50.23.
Back 2012 I started running because I was way overweight. In 2013 I did a sprint triathlon in Charleston. Since then, I have completed 10 half-marathons, about 30-40 5K's and 10K's, and 8 sprint Triathlons.
In Sept. 2016 I did the Augusta Ironman. In 2017 I tried the Muncie Ironman but had a bad wreck on my bike, so I went to just doing runs.
In 2018 I tried the Charleston Marathon but did not finish. They came and picked me up when the time ran out. In Dec. 2019 I did the Kiawah Island Marathon and finished in time. Being 55 y.o. I felt like I had won it finishing in 5 hr. 15 min.
I could still do 9:00 min. miles then but after about 7 or 8 I got really slow.
I doubt I will ever top 10:00 min. again. I was proud to actually did do a full marathon. But after that I just stopped working out and got fat again.
I turn 60 this year. I might try a 5K just to say I could still do one, but it will be my slowest ever.
That's awesome, just remember, something is better than nothing. Good luck.

Getting better on my split times. Basically I run about .3 of a mile, walk a little, and then reverse back and repeat. No good foundation yet, so just doing intervals until I have a good enough base for more distance. I was 45 seconds faster each split time when I used to jog on a regular basis.

Splits.jpg

Getting better on my split times. Basically I run about .3 of a mile, walk a little, and then reverse back and repeat. No good foundation yet, so just doing intervals until I have a good enough base for more distance. I was 45 seconds faster each split time when I used to jog on a regular basis.

View attachment 4220
Got a negative split on #3 yesterday. Nice. Doing some work!

Time trials for the Nerf Olympics continue. A little cooler on Monday, so my times continue to drop.

Splits.jpg

My times for Split 1 when I was running on a regular basis were ordinarily in 2:30 to 2:45 range, so I'm getting there pretty quick.

Yep, your Split 1 is dropping, but more importantly is the drops in your Split 3 and 4 compared to your first recorded time (more than 45 seconds improvement). Getting stronger and fitter.

It was a good bit hotter today, so my times slipped a bit. About 13* hotter than Monday, so maybe more realistic times today.

Splits.jpg

Yes, it's officially the dead period now. LOL

Nyck is on the Track and Field roster, but no picture. Kinda lame.

Nice how the kids are stylin' in their black quarter zips. The Lamont Paris influence. Cool.

I see where Nyck said he is not going to the Olympic trials. He is going to rest and get back into full time football training.
Over the summer he will spend a lot of time practicing with the QBs and doing 7 on 7 drills. Come August he will be ready to shine.

I see where Nyck said he is not going to the Olympic trials. He is going to rest and get back into full time football training.
Over the summer he will spend a lot of time practicing with the QBs and doing 7 on 7 drills. Come August he will be ready to shine.
The Sellers/Harbor combo is going to be exciting!

You have to wonder if he maybe injured himself training for the Olympic trials.