Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecock Track and Field

You have to wonder if he maybe injured himself training for the Olympic trials.
He said his 200 time was not fast enough to qualify for the last Olympics so maybe he figured it would be best not to try and push himself yet. Maybe he did not feel like he could be any faster yet. He is running an amazing 20.76 - 20.9 but the guys going to the Olympics are in the upper 19's to low 20's. I really hate for him to miss this chance, but he has a really good chance to become a high paid NFL player. I am really glad most college players don't go until after their 3rd year in college.

Looks like my times have kinda petered out, too.

Splits.jpg

But my weight has come down from 205 to 201. I need to lose 10 more pounds to get back to my usual times. Must stay focus.

He said his 200 time was not fast enough to qualify for the last Olympics so maybe he figured it would be best not to try and push himself yet. Maybe he did not feel like he could be any faster yet. He is running an amazing 20.76 - 20.9 but the guys going to the Olympics are in the upper 19's to low 20's. I really hate for him to miss this chance, but he has a really good chance to become a high paid NFL player. I am really glad most college players don't go until after their 3rd year in college.
Body weight composition for both sports are pretty much diametrically opposite. It would seem to me to be an incredibly tough task to excel in both concurrently. Sometimes you have to make a choice. I wish him well, and hopes he has a really good year on the gridiron.

Continuing the trend of running faster as it gets hotter, although I think that trend starts to reverse above 95*. I have no desire to test that hypothesis at this time. :)

Splits.jpg

Not Gamecock related, but it has been kind of cool watching a 16 year old compete in the 400m U.S. nationals for a spot in the Olympics. Quincy Wilson finished 6th, and could still make the team as part of the relay. He set the under-18 world record twice in the event, running his final three rounds under 45 seconds. He looked the "boy among men" part, but has an incredible future if he can continue to build on his speed.

I used to want to shape my body to look like Olympic sprinter Michael Johnson's back in the day.

Of course, I am about 30 pounds overweight right now. Dropped two more down to 198 as of this morning.

If you think the extra weight doesn't matter, go to a sporting goods store and carry a 25-to-30-lb dumbbell around with you for a few minutes. Then you will get a feel for how much the extra weight puts stress on your body in one form or another.