Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks at Vandy Tuesday for SEC Opener

Gamecocks tied it up again at 71-71 in overtime, but fouled too much and missed too many attempts, and Vanderbilt pulled away for the 83-79 win. Vanderbilt only made 63% of their free throws, but still made 22 of them, to only 10 made FTs for the Gamecocks......

One of the worst refereed games I've seen, the goal tending call was insanely wrong, when we got calls they screwed us like the late phantom call on the floor that should have been an and one for Carter Jr. They almost missed more FT's than we took 15 to 12, they took 34, all there big dude Robbins had to do was barrel into a defender and he got to shoot FT's, he took the same amount as our team.

Chico looked SEC caliber to me... just saying!

We lost a tough game to our current peer in the cellar of the SEC, Vandy.

Trying to stay positive, but I don't really see where the wins will come from in the SEC this year. This after all the SEC wins under Frank that people came to take for granted, but it was always the long skids in the meat of the SEC schedule that always killed our postseason hopes.

That was bad, but nothing compared to what my gut tells me is coming down the pipe this year.

We have no production from the BIGS, neither offense nor defense. I don't understand the amount of playing time Bosmans-Verdonk gets while Josh Gray continues to ride the pine.

We have no production from the BIGS, neither offense nor defense. I don't understand the amount of playing time Bosmans-Verdonk gets while Josh Gray continues to ride the pine.
That's also my take as well.

Josh was awesome in last year until he broke his hand. We shouldn't be struggling like this with our bigs. BBV is not a Freshman.

If Frank's trademark mid-season skid gets replaced by pre-conference losses leading to eventual consistent improvement in SEC play, I will take it.

Vandy's always been a tough place for a visiting coach because of the unique bench layout.

Should be a decent home crowd for the UT game at the CLA given Shane's win. We'll see.

At some point Lamont will have to find his inner Frank to get SEC wins this season. LOL