Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks get their first running back commit for the 2024 class with RB Matthew Fuller

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks get their first running back commit for the 2024 class with RB Matthew Fuller

June 23, 2023
1687555292632.pngGamecocks have their first running back commitment for the 2024 class in 3-star RB Matthew Fuller (6-0 210) of Jesup, GA. Fuller announced his commitment on Twitter Friday afternoon choosing the Gamecocks over Georgia Tech. He made official visits to both programs this month, and the chance to play under USC running backs coach Montario Hardesty was a big part of his decision.

“The running back coach played in the NFL and knows how to produce NFL players and NFL running backs,” said Fuller who rushed for 1757 yards and 22 touchdowns last season. “It’s SEC. I want to play against the best of the best. They said they are going to use me inside zone, outside, counter, catch it out of the backfield, all of that. They like that I’m fast with good top-end speed. They need a back like me.”

Fuller’s offer sheet also included Florida, UCF, USF, Cincinnati, Iowa State, Minnesota, and others. He becomes the 12th commitment for the Gamecocks’ 2024 class.