Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks heavy on in-state basketball prospect Cam Scott

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks heavy on in-state basketball prospect Cam Scott
Sept 16, 2022

The Gamecocks continues in its pursuit of in-state Class of 2024 guard Cam Scott.

Gamecock coach Lamont Paris paid a visit to Lexington High on Sunday to watch the rising junior and his teammates go through a workout. Sept. 9 was the first-day Division I coaches were allowed face-to-face contact with recruits. “Coach Paris came through but it was good. We had conversations.

I could sit down and chat with him. It was pretty extensive conversations,” Scott said Wednesday after his team played on the first night of the Glymph Fall League at Cardinal Newman. “We talked about life, the Gamecock atmosphere, and being in Columbia for any type of game event, especially football because they just had their first home game.”

Scott is considered the top prospect in South Carolina for the Class of 2024 by 247Sports and On3. The On3 Consensus rankings have Scott as the No. 27 player in the country, and 247Sports Composite has him at No. 32.

Can't wait to watch him coach, he has come in and built on the culture while doing work on the recruiting trail

I always go back to the first 3 articles I read concerning Coach Paris and the folks interviewed with no real connections all said Coach Paris just seem to have "it" ...

Scott is smooth like PJ Dozier with the ball in his hands and pulling up for a mid range but has a much nicer stroke off the set, purer, scoring Comes natural to him as he has the ability to slow the game down in the middle of chaos...he is special, real special when he adds more muscle to that frame!