Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks Hoops - preseason prediction

picknroll

Regal Premier Gamecock
Fanatics Cash
I stated before the season that if we got out of our Out of Conference schedule 10-3 that I thought we had a chance to be on the bubble for an invitation to the Big Dance. After beating PHLEGMson like a rented mule we have one trap game remaining against Iowa State on a neutral court in NYC. Assuming we win that game, my prediction is right on target. We will have to hold serve in the SEC and lose no more than 3 games at home and win a couple more than that on the road, which I really believe we are capable of doing if we continue to play with the grit we displayed tonight. We absolutely locked PHLEGMson down in the second half. That's some of the finest defense I have seen around here since Brandon Wallace and Renaldo Balkman put the iron shield around our hoop during our two NIT Championships. That was truly stellar defense then and now it's back with spades! Hope everyone is enjoying the ascension!

Good post picknroll. I feel we will miss the Big Dance and go to the NIT. Just do not have the players yet for the Big Dance...

We will miss the Big Dance for surefeatheredcock, there's no doub tin that

I think both of you are underestimating the strength of a team and exactly how great a coach we've got, but to each his own. Strong defense can take you a long way and we have some of the best defense around right now with these players. If we continue the same solid play of the last 3 games and don't have and bad injuries, I think we will be in position this season. Remember, we haven't yet seen anywhere near the best were gonna get from Thornwell. Hell come out of this slump with a vengeance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we're going to finish 19-11 overall and 11-7 in the SEC.

That will probably be good for 4th or 5th in the conference, and that would put us squarely on the bubble.

If we don't get in, attending an NIT home game or two would suit me just fine.

Winning it would be even better.  If we did win it, we would set the all time record for NIT titles with 3.  Currently we're tied with Kentucky and St. John's with 2 each.