Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks land Local product first commitment for 2023 in Collin Murray-Boyles

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Gamecocks land Local product first commitment for 2023 in Collin Murray-Boyles
August 7, 2022

1659906022652.pngCoach Lamont Paris is two-for-two in protecting his new backyard. First, he was able to flip 6-10 GG Jackson of Ridge View from North Carolina and add him to the 2022 class. Sunday, he picked up his first commitment for the 2023 class, and that too was from a neighborhood kid. 3-star 6-8 Collin Murray-Boyles of AC Flora announced he will join the Gamecocks next season. Boyles will play this season for Wassatch Academy in Utah.

Murray-Boyles was the 4A Player of the Year last season after averaging 18 points, 11 rebounds, and 5 blocks per game. He had a strong summer performance and that’s when Paris and his staff stepped up their interest. They offered him in June after having him in for an unofficial visit.

As much as Paris likes Murray-Boyles, he’s also very high on the type of coach Paris is.

“I love how he coaches,” Murray-Boyles said in June. “He coaches a lot of skill guys, and I think I fit into that area of play. He likes how I’m position-less and how my mind works, how I’m not stuck to a certain position. I can play different roles in an offense. I’m not stuck to a single offense. I can fit into whatever play style I need to.”

Murray-Boyles added one of his strengths, and something Paris really likes is how he distributes the basketball and put it where it needs to be.

“My decision-making for sure,” he said. “Just me being able to make the right reads at all times, being able to hit the open guy, hit the open shot. I get my teammates where they need to be and being an overall floor general on the court.”

Murray-Boyles also had offers from SMU, New Mexico State, Jacksonville, Wofford, St. Bonaventure, Coastal Carolina, Belmont, Appalachian State, North Carolina A&T and UNC-Wilmington. But no other offer meant more to him than the one from the hometown coaches.

“That shows how much they care about me as a person and a player, and instead of just recruiting the top names, they actually are digging deep into South Carolina to find the hidden gems,” he said. “That showed me how much they care about me as a player.”

Last edited: