Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks losing young defensive lineman to transfer portal

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks losing young defensive lineman to transfer portal

April 26, 2023

The South Carolina football team has lost another player during the NCAA’s second transfer portal window. Redshirt freshman defensive lineman Demetrius Watson announced on Wednesday that he is leaving the Gamecocks football program. “I would like to thank Coach (Shane) Beamer and Coach (Jimmy) Lindsey for giving me this great opportunity to be a part of the Gamecocks and help develop me as a player and a man off the field,” Watson wrote in a graphic posted on Twitter. The second transfer portal window opened on April 15 and will close on Sunday. A player has to officially enter the transfer portal by this weekend in order to be eligible to play next year for their new school should they depart (A player does not technically have to leave their current school if they enter the portal).

Defensive back Anthony Rose was the first Gamecocks player to announce his intention to transfer during the portal’s second window on April 15. Rose had been away from the team following his arrest last month on weapons charges.