Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks make the short lists with four of their targets

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks make the short lists with four of their targets​

SPORTSTALK / July 4, 2023
1688504160415.pngJuly is a time many football recruits cut down those lists and make those decisions. Four prospects USC has targeted announced their short lists, and USC was on each one. That includes CB/WR Zy’Marion Lang (6-2 170) of Palmetto, FL. He also has Pitt, Kansas State and USF on his short list with a July 30th commitment date.

“The relationship has still been there,” Lang said of the Gamecocks Monday night. “We still communicate every day, me, Coach (Torrian) Gray and Coach (Shane) Beamer. The relationship is good for us. They said I could play whatever I want. I could play receiver.”

Lang did not take an official visit to USC in June, and he doesn’t plan to visit there during the live week in late July. He did camp with the Gamecocks in 2022 and he made an unofficial visit in March. From those visits he got a good feeling for the program.

“They are real. It’s real,” Lang said. “I could see myself there around the players and stuff like that, the coaches.”

Lang said he’s not real close on his decision, and he has a little over three weeks to figure it out.

“I just want to be comfortable” Lang said. “Somewhere I can call home. Somewhere my mom can come and be comfortable too.”

Lang made official visits to Pitt and Kansas State in June and might work in one to Kansas State in late July before his decision.

Three other prospects who have USC offers also have them on their short list.

DT D’Antre Robinson of Orlando has USC in his top 10 along with Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Colorado, Maryland, Ohio State and LSU. LB Devin Smith of Brunswick, GA has a top five of USC, Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Kentucky. And USC is in the top eight with 2025 ATH DJ McClary of Jersey City. The others are Rutgers, Southern Cal, Tennessee, Oregon, Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State.