Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks OC Satterfield watched LaNorris Sellers put on another show Friday night

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks OC Satterfield watched LaNorris Sellers put on another show Friday night​

SPORTSTALK / October 17, 2022

1666047317960.pngSouth Florence QB LaNorris Sellers (6-3 217) is having a big season and is the major reason the Bruins are one of the state’s top teams. Sellers had another huge game Friday night accounting for over 400 total yards in a 56-21 rout of Myrtle Beach.

USC quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator Marcus Satterfield checked in on Sellers Friday and watched his performance against the Seahawks. The two continue to communicate though Sellers has been committed to Syracuse since March after committing to Virginia as a junior.

“I didn’t see him after school. I think he left a little bit early, so I didn’t get a chance to talk to him,” Sellers said. “He did text me and said I looked really good. He was texting last week. Coach (Taylor) Edwards was texting me last week. They haven’t really said anything (about an offer), just that my film was good. They are still very interested and stuff like that.”

Coastal Carolina was the most recent offer for Sellers, and he said he’s also hearing a good bit from Appalachian State.

Sellers, though, is very happy with what the unbeaten Orange are doing and he’s planning to go to Clemson this Saturday as a fan to root on his team.

“Really good offense. Defense is looking really good, too. They are just really clicking right now,” Sellers said. “Me and Coach (Dino) Babers talk every week. The offense coaches, we talk at least once a week.”

At this point of his recruiting, Sellers seems content on sticking with the Orange.

“I think I’m still holding with Syracuse,” Sellers said. “I feel really good about it. From what they’ve been doing the last couple of weeks, I feel really confident in it.”

Sellers took his official visit to Syracuse in the summer and he plans to return for the Notre Dame game October 29th.