Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks offer another offensive lineman for 2024 class

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks offer another offensive lineman for 2024 class​

SPORTSTALK / June 30, 2023
1688132490218.pngSouth Carolina offensive line coach Lonnie Teasley apparently is not finished looking for talent at his positions in the 2024 class. He already has commitments from Kam Pringle, Josiah Thompson and Blake Franks. Thursday Teasley offered OG/C Elyjah Thurmon (6-5 275) of Hinesville, GA.

Thurmon said interest from the Gamecocks goes back to last season when he first heard from a staff member.

“It was with coach Sam Serbay. He hit me up during fall of last season trying to get me come up for a game,” Thurmon said. “Then Coach Teasley got in contact with me a little bit throughout the season. I came in for a camp last Saturday. He told me I had a great performance and just wanted me to keep doing what I was doing.”

Thurmon said no offer came from Teasley at that point because they had a major recruiting weekend coming up with four uncommitted prospects taking official visits, and Shane Beamer wanted to wait to see what came out of that weekend before moving forward with him.

“They had a couple of guys come up for OVs during the weekend they had, and he called me today (Thursday) just to let me know on if one of the guys that was there was going to commit or not, so he called me today to let me know that I have the offer,” Thurmon said. “I was excited to get the offer, especially considering South Carolina is an SEC school. It means everything to me.”

Thurmon also has offers from Florida, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Coastal Carolina, Appalachian State, Georgia State, Middle Tennessee State, FAU and others. He did not take any official visits during June. He did attend other camps at Alabama and Clemson and made an unofficial visit to Wake Forest in March.

Thurmon said he’s considering a return visit to USC in late July for their cookout, especially after getting the offer from Teasley.

“It helps build my relationship up with South Carolina,” Thurmon said of the offer. ” It helps me come closer to picking the school I want to go to and finding a home to play for.”

Thurmon added that he does not have a favorite at this point. He could have a decision as early as the latter part of September, if not, it could be November before he makes a choice.