Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gamecocks ready to welcome RB Daniel Hill back for his official visit

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Gamecocks ready to welcome RB Daniel Hill back for his official visit​

SPORTSTALK / June 20, 2023
U1687273628599.pngSC sits in a very good spot with RB Daniel Hill of Meridian, MS as he comes in for his official visit this weekend. The Gamecocks have been one of his favorites since he was offered last year. Since then, he visited for the Tennessee game last November and the spring game last April.

This weekend Hill and his family will be back in Columbia for his final official visit of the summer.

“I’m just ready to get back. I always have a good time when I’m at South Carolina,” Hill said. “As of right now, I don’t have any questions. I just want to solidify some things and we’ll go from there.”

Hill is coming off an official visit to Alabama last weekend. He said the players and staff, led by head coach Nick Saban, made him feel very comfortable.

“Got to be around a lot of the players that were there, talked to the coaches per usual,” Hill said. “I had a good time overall. I’ve been up there plenty of times so there really wasn’t anything new.”

Hill added that he had plenty of opportunities to talk to Saban over the weekend.

“We talked every day,” Hill said. “He talked about how he wants me as a player, and I’m very versatile. The running back tradition at Alabama and the track record, I could be the next great running back at Alabama.”

Hill also has Alabama high up on his list along with Auburn, which he visited officially two weekends ago, LSU, which he visited unofficially earlier in the month, and Tennessee, which he unofficially visited in late May. But they are all chasing the Gamecocks at this point.

“I’d put them (USC) number one,” Hill said. “I probably put them number one as of right now, but things may change.”

Hill will be one of three running backs to take official visits to USC in June. The other two were Braylen Russell and Matthew Fuller.