Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameday Thread Men's Basketball vs. Clemson

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
1668173399740.png

Gameday Thread Men's Basketball vs. Clemson
10/11/2022

Gamecocks Welcome Tigers to CLA Friday Night

For just the second time ever, teams will meet in the month of November

COLUMBIA, S.C. – South Carolina (1-0) welcomes in-state rival Clemson (1-0) to Colonial Life Arena for a Friday night matchup in the annual Palmetto Series. Tipoff is slated for 7 p.m. (ET) with Dave Weinstein (pxp) and John Williams (analyst) on the call for the SEC Network+ broadcast.

It’s just the second time in 171 all-time meetings the teams will play in November. The only previous meeting this month was Nov. 17, 2013 at Clemson.

GAME INFORMATION

Matchup:
South Carolina vs. Clemson (SC leads all-time series 91-80)

Time: Nov. 11 at 7 p.m.

Venue: Colonial Life Arena

Tickets: click here

TV: SEC Network+

Radio: 107.5 The Game (SiriusXM 156 or 204/SXM APP 967)

Live Stats:
StatBroadcast

Looking at Ticketmaster, the lower bowl will be essentially full for tonight's game.

Earn It, Taters!

Looking forward to a great game tonight. I have not been to a men's basketball game in a couple years but I went ahead and got me a season ticket to support the new coach.

Looking forward to a great game tonight. I have not been to a men's basketball game in a couple years but I went ahead and got me a season ticket to support the new coach.
View: https://youtu.be/O2HMducd_hY

Lamont is sharp as a tack, just like Fogler. He also brought back the Midnight Madness thing, too, that I don't think has been done since either Odom or Fogler.

This season might be a little bumpy, but I am excited about what he is going to build here.

He's neutral about the CLA because he hasn't yet experienced the CLA electricity from a large crowd when the team is playing well on both ends of the court against a quality opponent. Hopefully Lamont gets broke in real good tonight. LOL

Great interview and insight. Was he referring to GG being the youngest player in the country? That’s pretty cool.

View: https://youtu.be/O2HMducd_hY

Lamont is sharp as a tack, just like Fogler. He also brought back the Midnight Madness thing, too, that I don't think has been done since either Odom or Fogler.

This season might be a little bumpy, but I am excited about what he is going to build here.

He's neutral about the CLA because he hasn't yet experienced the CLA electricity from a large crowd when the team is playing well on both ends of the court against a quality opponent. Hopefully Lamont gets broke in real good tonight. LOL
Coach Martin had Midnight Madness, my favorite was them doing it at FT Jackson with Dawn Staley and the Lady Gamecocks

35-26 at the half, started cold on offense but GG, Chico and Jacobi Wright kept us in it with everyone scrapping on defense especially Josh Grey whom they need to reward with some touches down low

Both teams shooting under 40% from the field and we are under 50% from the FT line, GG with 10pts and 4reb, Chico with 8, Wright with 6, Grey has 2 blocks and 5reb

Gamecocks win a tightly contested, nail-biter on a go-ahead jump shot with a second left on the clock. Clemson had a small chance with lesss than a second to play, but their attempt was not shot before the game buzzer went off, and it wasn't good anyways. Gamecocks beat Clemson 60-58!! Great early win for Coach Paris' young Gamecock program, and hopefully gets the program off on a solid start to the season......

35-26 at the half, started cold on offense but GG, Chico and Jacobi Wright kept us in it with everyone scrapping on defense especially Josh Grey whom they need to reward with some touches down low

Josh definitely earned himself a gameball for tonight. His length and post presence was something that gave Clemson fits all game long. He only scored 6 pts on 2-6 FG shooting in 19 minutes, but led the team with 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in those 19 minutes....

Chico 16pts 1reb 3ast and the game winner, was on fire 6 of 9, 4 of 6 from 3 Game MVP

Bully Brown 9pts 6reb 1ast 1st set the tone when he ran over Hemenway like he wasn't there for a charge on the 2nd offensive ppossession like Kobe running over Gasol at the Olympics, he let our guys know we would not be pushed around tonight. Did not shoot well but hit huge shots when needed and a few huge offensive boards

GG with 12pts 8reb 2stl didn't shoot well but played with energy on both ends. Made big plays and provided energy on both ends

Jacobi Wright 10pts 4reb 2ast and only 1 turnover had some huge shots, shot 50% 2 of 3 from 3 Made big plays

Josh Grey 6pts 10reb 3 Blocks was huge on the defensive end, played big on the offensive boards. If he makes those bunnies and he will, the and one was huge!