Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GCF POLL OF THE WEEK: Ok Gamecocks won! Now, what happens to OC Satterfield stay or go?

Ok Gamecocks won! Now, what happens to OC Satterfield stay or go?

• Stay

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Go

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Wait after the Bowl game

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Ok, Gamecocks won! Now, what happens to OC Satterfield stay or go?

I know there is a core of fans regardless who want Satterfield gone and felt their needed changes there as well. But not hardcore will stand for him to go. But not so fast my friend I feel he earned to renew his contract.

Stay
Go
Wait after the Bowl game

Last edited:
I admit to being someone who thought we needed a change. After these two weeks I am second guessing myself and wondering if it just took this long for all of these new players to gel and understand each other especially Rattler and the receivers. I still trust whatever Beamer decides. He has earned my respect. There is some chatter that Satt could leave and join Matt Rhule, but I don’t think Nebraska is the job it was back in the day

Let's end this thread now. I'm way more concerned as to whether Rattler stays or goes.
I agree. Let's just enjoy this win for a little while. Personnel decisions don't need to be made after the lowest of lows or the highest of highs. What will happen will happen and I'm trusting Beamer on those decisions.

He ain’t going anywhere unless he is wooed to Nebraska. But I think the last two weeks have showed our trajectory, hopefully.

Agreed. IMO need Rattler more than Satt!
Yeah because our recruits and the future of the program are in Rattlers hands 🙄 Rattler is important for next year's success but this staff has QB's, WR's.. excited to be part of this system. The QB will always make the train go but you better have more than one, that one or 2 special ones can make a program, coach... 3 or 4 make a dynasty and bring championships!

The whole team, from the head coach all the way down to the waterboys, needed to play better after the Florida loss.

I went with "Wait" just to keep everyone honest going into the bowl game. No more Belk Bowls, please.

Last edited:
I just feel Satt proved his concept these past couple weeks. The offence finally "executed" his plays and made them look pretty good.
Even against such talented and NFL bound D that Clemson has, they managed to get Spenser the time he needed and even made a couple running lanes.
The offence and plays looked really good. I just hope some of those that have another year stay and help get even more wins next season.
May be time for 10+ wins again with Satts playbook.

All y'all critics may get what you want. Matt Rule wants him at Nebraska. I wouldn't want to stay where the fan base is so critical. I'm hoping he stays. It's amazing what can happen when a coach can keep his staff together for several years.

I was with Satt until the Mizzou and Flordia inept offense but feel now to give him a new contract for 2 more years Satt really earned it. A certain core of fans still wants him gone, they will try their best to still rip apart Satt any way they can. But like I said all season Rattler was the best choice to stay at the number 1 spot he was way overdue for a breakout game that would kick-start him back as a top-flight QB. Best arm I ever have seen on the Gamecock sideline.

I see Beamer is getting a new deal. I really hope Satterfield gets a raise too. Also, a good NIL deal for Rattler is a great idea. We need to keep this group together for next year.
What is Juice Wells's status? Does he have another year?

Well, the decision was made for us. Hoping Beamer has a strong list. We're looking way better than 2 years ago. I would've liked Satt to stay for consistency sake, but, here we go!