Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GCF's Poll of the week Next up Clemson simply put can the Gamecocks beat the Tigers?

Can the Gamecocks beat no 9 Clemson on the road and break that losing streak?

• Yes

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
GCF's Poll of the week Next up Clemson simply put can the Gamecocks beat the Tigers?
Nov. 20, 2022

Well, last night most fans are now on cloud 9 and climbing all that is left is one more regular season game vs a rival that has given the Gamecocks lumps and bumps over the last 8 years. Been a long dry spell between wins. I know I am still pinching myself to make sure the win over Tennessee really did happen. When I was at the stadium getting ready to enter stadium said to myself, It's cold my thought was the Gamecocks have no chance but once it was time for kick-off wow the crowd was loud crazy and the team was game ready. rest is history. Now it's time to talk Clemson.

Can the Gamecocks beat no 9 Clemson on the road and break that losing streak?
Yes
No

I feel like being without Marshawn and CBS forced Shane and Satt out of the Pro-style box (others might say casket) they have been in all season.

I said the Florida loss was bad, but just one game, and we still had an upset in us.

The Tenn upset is a great win and needs to be rightfully celebrated, but it's just one game just like the Florida loss.

I thought we had turned the corner after the UK and TAMU wins, but then we know what happened after that.

Dabo will probably tell his guys they just need to play their game and put the burden on us to be consistent.

So, yes if we're consistent.

It's going to be a challenge. Playing at Memorial Stadium always is. I expect a very different game from last night's contest. I think Clemson's defense is better than the Vols defense, but their offense isn't nearly as explosive as Hooker and company. Hopefully, Lloyd will play and be at full strength. If the Cocks can protect Rattler and open holes for Lloyd and if we can pressure their quarterback and limit Shipley's impact we can win. It's a tall order. If the team that played Tennessee shows up versus the team that played Florida we will prevail.

Think we all hope the good playing Gamecock teams show up in dung Valley.

I would like to believe the UT victory was the result of some folks coaching for their jobs right now and players taking some accountability and doing their best for coaches that they like and respect.

If that's even close to being true, then we may well win out the rest of the season.

I don't that would have been true with the previous staff if you believe some of the talk back then.

The moon is cheese; I don't know.

Can we - Yes. Will we - ??

Play like last night and we beat them no question. But which team will show up?

I say they can. I would like their chances much better if it was a home game. Clemson has not lost at home in a very long time. Time to break that streak!

The guys played with swagger and confidence against the Vols that we haven't seen since the Spurrier days. The upset is long overdue and it can happen.

Yes. Keep the wrinkles coming and play with the same intensity. I’m sure this staff will have them fired up and prepared. Hope Lloyd and and Smith can be in the mix with Bell and Joyner

vrS5_GdrzaljAwOvPVxesUc94lHJyp3yVU7TDoM7YiDnZP7MdelX63n6BSfowygRAamIQdbRUEfcvc8T7Mynj4COEz-zXVz0jFlCV8MZ2bXUDcgximk6CCXJ5aFs8dshsfDa5wD3Zw=w2400

As great as the UT beatdown was it was an anomaly. You certainly can't expect the same type of numbers out of the offense and especially Rattler.

It would be like a pitcher throwing back to back no hitters. Unless the taters turn it over 3-4 times I don't see us winning. I'd love to be wrong and I'd be happy to eat crow over it.