Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Georgia vs South Carolina prediction and game preview

GF Staff

GCF Staff
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Georgia vs South Carolina prediction and game preview

11/24/2020 / from CFN

Georgia vs South Carolina Broadcast
Date: Saturday, November 28
Game Time: 7:30 ET
Venue: Williams-Brice Stadium, Columbia, SC
Network: SEC Network

Georgia (5-2) vs South Carolina (2-6) Game Preview

Why Georgia Will Win
And now the Bulldogs have a quarterback.

Stetson Bennett wasn’t bad, and D’Wan Mathis had a few decent moments, but there’s a reason JT Daniels was JT Five-Star going to USC. He was also a high school senior when he started for the Trojans – it was always going to take some time for him to grow and mature into the job.

It’s not exactly time to assume Daniels is going to win a Heisman after just one game, but 28-of-38, 401 yards, four touchdown passes, no interceptions, and a downfield passing game against Mississippi State that’s been painfully missing from the Georgia offense for years.

You think that’s an overstatement? Daniels averaged 10.6 yards per attempt last week – the offense failed to hit ten yards per try all year, and went 17 straight games as a program without getting there.

Georgia only averaged over ten yards per pass twice last season – against Murray State and Arkansas State, not Mississippi State.

South Carolina is allowing nine yards per throw and gives up 278 passing yards per game.

Why South Carolina Will Win
Uhhhhh, Georgia running game?

Yeah, Daniels was fantastic, and there was no reason to go away from him and the passing game, but the running game went nowhere against Miss State with just eight yards on 23 carries.

Three MSU sacks and 11 tackles for loss had something to do with that.

South Carolina isn’t generating a whole lot of pass rush, but the run defense wasn’t bad against Missouri, Kevin Harris is a nice running back to work around, and Georgia’s defense doesn’t do a whole lot to get into the backfield.

The Gamecocks have to hold up on the lines, and they need a few breaks, and ….

What’s Going To Happen
Israel Mukuamu isn’t around anymore after opting out.

The former star defensive back single-handedly screwed up Georgia last year with three interceptions including a pick-six in South Carolina’s 20-17 win. This isn’t a Gamecock team, though, that’s catching – or forcing – a lot of positive breaks.

The Georgia defense will hold down a USC offense that scored ten points against Missouri last week and three a few weeks earlier against Texas A&M, and Daniels will have another strong day.

Georgia vs South Carolina Prediction, Line
Georgia 38, South Carolina 13
Bet on Georgia vs South Carolina with BetMGM
Georgia -21.5, o/u: 49.5
ATS Confidence out of 5: 3.5

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. Here it is Gamecock fans  Georgia  58 , South Carolina  10  S.C. gets 10 late again .

O.K. Here it is Gamecock fans  Georgia  58 , South Carolina  10  S.C. gets 10 late again .
The score will probably be in that vicinity. I am glad to be working virtually this year so that I don't have to listen to the UGA faithful's comments about the game.

I think it will be a bit more of a grind, and they will pull away a bit late: I'll go with 27-10 Dawgs.

I think Smart will put in his reserves rather than humiliate a former UGA standout QB and AC.

42-10 UGA

This is also the most depressing football post I can recall making.

35-31 uga in a tight one and then we start hearing the reasons for Bobo needing to be our next HC.

Two things keep this game interesting:  Luke Doty under center and pressure from the Gamecock Defensive front.  Stranger things have happened.  I think the bull pups might pull it out but i don't see this as a blowout.  Hate to pick against the Cocks, but jawja by 7, 31-24

I would like to say UGA in a close, low-scoring game. There's always a family-type rivalry atmosphere between the two teams when they play - regardless of each team's record. The games are usually tight slugfests of pride. But with how this season unfolded for USC, the firing of Muschamp and players opting out of the season, this would be a prime opportunity for the team to sort of turtle up, which would result in an ugly game and score. I hope not......

I’m thinking it’s going to be:

UGA 31

The USC 17

I feel we will lose but I’m hoping our defense shows up and keeps the Dawgs from running up the score.