Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Braves

Longhaul

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
I thought they were going to lose after losing Morton in Game one and and getting hammered in game 2.  I really wrote them off early in the season when they were not playing well.  Losing their best pitcher in  Soroyka and then the offense of Ozuna and Acuna I really thought they were done.  Scrappy team and good to see.  

I thought they were going to lose after losing Morton in Game one and and getting hammered in game 2.  I really wrote them off early in the season when they were not playing well.  Losing their best pitcher in  Soroyka and then the offense of Ozuna and Acuna I really thought they were done.  Scrappy team and good to see.  
Yep, it's been an amazing season for the Braves.  I also thought they were done when Acuna went down.

Their "scrappiness" really showed last night -- they really had no business winning that game.  Houston pressured them with scoring threats for the first 6 innings, but the Braves kept fighting to prevent that "big" inning for the Astros.  And managed a couple of timely home runs late to steal this one.  This was huge, in my opinion.  Braves only need one of the next three, but I really hope they get it done today.  I do not want to go back to Houston needing to win one there.

Yeah, I think I jinxed them LOL. They had 3 games to win 1, now it's 2 to win 1. They both will be in Houston. Hopefully the Astros blew their wad, and the Braves finish it in the next game....

The Charlie Morton injury really hurt the Braves last night.  That would have been his normal start instead of a "bullpen" game.  Fried should be good to go tomorrow but honestly he has been mediocre in the post season.  I don't know if he's tired or has the jitters pitching on this big of a stage.  We really need him to come through tomorrow.

I have never been so happy to be wrong.  My brother and I did a bracket for the playoffs, and I had the Braves losing to the Brewers. I actually picked every series wrong, but I've never been so pleased to be wrong.

When you look at the number of impact season ending injuries this team had, it is incredible what they've done.  Credit to Snitker, the players, and the GM for a really special year.  It was fun to watch.

Max Fried was back to form Tuesday night and he was awesome. 6 IP, no runs, 6 K's and no walks. The offense was there and the Braves seemed to be loose and having fun. It was an amazing season especially considering that the Braves were under .500 at the All Star break.

This is also a young team that should be able to contend for the next 4-5 years.

Max Fried was back to form Tuesday night and he was awesome. 6 IP, no runs, 6 K's and no walks. The offense was there and the Braves seemed to be loose and having fun. It was an amazing season especially considering that the Braves were under .500 at the All Star break.

This is also a young team that should be able to contend for the next 4-5 years.
I am not sure what Acuna's contract status is, but I fully anticipated him commanding more money than the Braves are willing to pay and losing him before long.  The question now that you know how this team can perform without him, do you trade him for some pitching and get something before that day comes?  He seemed like he was already starting to get a little full of himself before the injury so this has me thinking we may be able to do something.  

I am not sure what Acuna's contract status is, but I fully anticipated him commanding more money than the Braves are willing to pay and losing him before long.  The question now that you know how this team can perform without him, do you trade him for some pitching and get something before that day comes?  He seemed like he was already starting to get a little full of himself before the injury so this has me thinking we may be able to do something.  
Hmmm. maybe the injury will mature him some.  He also seems to be friends will Albies.  Not sure what his contract status is, good question.