Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grant

TKE226

GCF Top Poster
Fanatics Cash
Anyone watch? Three part mini series on History channel... Part one last night, two tonight, etc.. 9-11pm.

If you are going for historical accuracy esp during battle scenes it’s lacking big time in those scenes. Otherwise decent tv

Anyone watch? Three part mini series on History channel... Part one last night, two tonight, etc.. 9-11pm.

If you are going for historical accuracy esp during battle scenes it’s lacking big time in those scenes. Otherwise decent tv
I'm recording it, haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Probably a good idea. There was a ton of commercials 
Yeah there was a lot of commercials.  I've watched episode 1 and thought it was well done.  Didn't learn a whole lot because I'm a history buff and have read extensively on the Civil War.  I didn't know that Grant was such an accomplished horseman though.  That dash from the Mexican battle was pretty impressive.

IIRC, horsemanship was about all he was good at in West Point. I've read accounts during the CW that he was able to calm his horses even during the worst of cannonades. 

IIRC, horsemanship was about all he was good at in West Point. I've read accounts during the CW that he was able to calm his horses even during the worst of cannonades. 
Yeah, according to the mini series he really didn't even want to be there.  (West Point)