Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great hire by Mizzou hiring Eli Drinkwitz App. St. head coach

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash
Hate to see him at Mizzou. Will be tough really tough beating his teams. Bad enough as it is. I feel we missed out on a great hire. Was in hopes he would last another year at App. St. Missed out on probably the best coach for the job here,  Would be a perfect fit to me here. But we are stuck with Tanner and his leadership. Seems we are really stuck in this  :crap-emoticon: for the long term. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple more good hires. Jeff Scott to USF and Mike Norvell to Florida State. Counting the Missou hire all three excellent coaches and will fit in nicely with there new programs. 

I'm not sold on Drinkwitz. I think it is a little too early to tell. We have no idea if he can maintain success as a head coach. We literally get one great season of him using players he didn't recruit and now he is off to bigger responsibilities. It very well could be a good grab in hindsight but it is a risky move with little data to go off of.

I'm not sold on Drinkwitz. I think it is a little too early to tell. We have no idea if he can maintain success as a head coach. We literally get one great season of him using players he didn't recruit and now he is off to bigger responsibilities. It very well could be a good grab in hindsight but it is a risky move with little data to go off of.
I lean this way as well. Seems like a great offensive mind, but there is a lot more to being a HC than just calling plays, we will see how he handles all of the other stuff.  

They're just more desperate than we are. He's a high-risk hire at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:

They're just more desperate than we are. He's a high-risk hire at this point.
Concur.

It's also shows how desperate some P5 teams are to find good coaches.  That pipeline to the next level is not readily apparent to me as far as HC candidates go.

Couple more good hires. Jeff Scott to USF and Mike Norvell to Florida State. Counting the Missou hire all three excellent coaches and will fit in nicely with there new programs. 
This could be a big loss for the Taters if he brings some key ACs with him.

Good for him.

It will hurt in recruiting, but not in games.  Elliot calls the plays
Elliot should be getting some calls by now wanting him to be the next HC out there. He should have a HC gig you would think anyhow. 

Elliot should be getting some calls by now wanting him to be the next HC out there. He should have a HC gig you would think anyhow. 
Elliot's name has come up at Memphis.  His name was also thrown out there by someone for the Dallas job.   I think if he left it would be a much bigger blow than Scott.  I see they are moving Streeter up to Assistant OC