Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greenville High OG Blake Franks commits to Gamecocks

FeatheredCock

“Let It Be”
Staff member
Fanatics Cash

Greenville High OG Blake Franks commits to Gamecocks

March 31, 2023

1680302920418.pngGamecocks landed their second major in-state offensive line commitment for the 2024 class Friday night when 4-star OG Blake Franks (6-5 310) announced his commitment to the Gamecocks. He joins OT Kam Pringle of Woodland on the Gamecocks commitment list, and the Gamecocks are hopeful of adding Dillon OT Josiah Thompson on April 14th.

Pringle had an extended recruiting process taking numerous unofficial visits while delaying his announcement multiple times. Early on it appeared Clemson would be his choice, but after several visits to the Gamecocks and a closer look at the program Shane Beamer has put together, Franks opted to go with the Gamecocks.

“When I went down to South Carolina, they answered a lot of questions about the engineering program, which is something I want to do,” Franks said earlier this year. “I think they are very family oriented already. It’s just that South Carolina is family-oriented, a little bit more than Tigertown.”

Franks, in an earlier interview, said the family feeling from the Gamecocks starts with Beamer.

“Coach Beamer is a coach who is very interactive with his players, which is something new for me to be honest, Franks said. “He’s a lot more interactive than some of the other coaches I’ve seen. They are telling me they want me to play guard, though I play tackle as well. Whenever I go there, they try to make me feel like you’re at home. It’s a very good feeling, to be honest.”

Franks attended the South Carolina junior day in January, and he made a pair of visits this month for spring practices and to show his father around the facilities. He also attended junior days at Clemson and Auburn in January, and he made an unofficial visit to Clemson in January.

Franks is the sixth commitment for the Gamecocks 2024 class.

Add Thompson and this would be by far the best Oline class since I have been following Gamecock football... Beamer Ball!