Gamecock Fanatics

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grilling

Which do you prefer when grilling your meats and veggies?

• Total voters
I vote propane, mainly because I have always been bad at getting a charcoal fire started and sustained.
default_laugh.png

Propane is just simpler, and the food still tastes great to me.

Good topic by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote propane, mainly because I have always been bad at getting a charcoal fire started and sustained. 
default_laugh.png
What you need Shepster is the Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter. I am going to buy one soon.

A co-worker says there are great and you will never have to buy lighter fluid again. All you

need is a couple pages of your newspaper.

info at this link--> http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_27475_-1__?N=372370505&affcode=42&kwid=ps_cse&cid=PLA_013479571&gclid=CK2us9iBxb0CFUtk7AodrD8ABA

I wanted to post a photo and post the link correctly, but this low budget work computer I'm on will not let me use the above gadgets.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are also available at Lowes, Home Depot and of course Wally World.

love the flavor of a charcoal grilled steak or burger

Charcoal.  Wife does all the grilling.

grilling tip #1 :

Ya know those nasty left over meat packages that you put in your trashcan that end up stinkin the place up in

the summer heat. Well, try this next time. Most everyone has a mound or twelve of fireants or some ant species in

their yard. Put'em to work for ya. Lay the packages on the mounds and watch the little suckers party down and

clean'em good. Come back later and dispose of the packages(stink free) properly.

grilling tip #1 :

Ya know those nasty left over meat packages that you put in your trashcan that end up stinkin the place up in

the summer heat. Well, try this next time. Most everyone has a mound or twelve of fireants or some ant species in

their yard. Put'em to work for ya. Lay the packages on the mounds and watch the little suckers party down and

clean'em good. Come back later and dispose of the packages(stink free) properly.
HA! That's a great idea, and I admit I never thought of that.

But wouldn't I be aiding in the nourishment of the colony by doing this?  That's kinda the opposite of what I was aiming for.

Now if they did the work and then all died, that'd be different
default_laugh.png

I doubt this will help the colony multiply that much. I don't think they can be totally

eliminated from one's yard anyway. So, put'em to work
default_wink.png

grilling tip#3

load up some heavy duty tinfoil with your favorite veggies, add butter,salt & pepper and a little water..grill for about an 90 minutes and enjoy!

grilling tip #5

share some of the grilled meat with your outdoor pet(s)

you'll gain a grilling buddy for life